What do you wish existed?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DoctorZee, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Blippy the Wonder Slug Supporting Member

I did until about 6 weeks ago: a quality "name brand" short scale P that I could afford. That has since come to pass.
    bass lil red 4.jpg

mikewalker, DrMole and Winslow like this.
  2. SpazzTheBassist

SpazzTheBassist

Jun 20, 2006
    Here
    The ability to grow hair on my head (and not to grow hair on other locations I don't want it to)

TH63, Sparky63, MustangWally and 4 others like this.
  3. Cowboy in Latvia

Cowboy in Latvia

Mar 1, 2015
    I haven't read far enough yet to see someone else answer this one but I've gone through Guitar Crate for a bass accessory subscription box as well as an effects subscription box. They were just fine and average value for money but didn't knock my socks off.

EDIT: Looks like it was post #40 that I had to get to.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Darrell Curry, Vinny_G and DoctorZee like this.
  4. Kelly robinson

Kelly robinson

Dec 30, 2014
    I wish a time machine existed so I could go back to the many shows I caught thru the years starting with my first real band in 67 or so - " The Boxtops " where I snuck into a small club in St Louis to hearing Jimi Hendrix do the Star Spangled Banner live at Keil Auditorium - St Louis - to a road trip with high school classmates to San Fran and the Fillmore and Avalon Ballrooms to see - Jethro Tull open for Creedence on their first US tour at the Fillmore and Ten Years After open for Janis Joplin at the Avalon . That was a hellava couple of years . On up thru the years to club shows like Son Seals and Johnny Copeland at Speakeasy Pete's - Central Square , Cambridge - John Lee Hooker - Albert Collins - Roy Brown - Albert King at Johnathon Swifts Harvard SQ - on up to JR Kimbrough and Rl Burnside - Buddy Guy - Hubert Sumlin - at the original House Of Blues - Harvard Sq . One last one to mention for certain was a show out in western Ma at the Ironhorse Cafe featuring J.J.Cale - really wonderful show by a hugely under rated musician . Best recent show was a surprising great one by Danielle Nicolle at the Narrows Center - Fall River , Ma . - liked her cd's but didn't expect her to be such a powerhouse performer live with a very tight band . Another person well worth catching in person is Johnny Rawls . He is a journeyman blues / soul player who puts out really strong live shows .
    With the time machine - I wouldn't have to rely on my very foggy memory or my stealth dat tapes either to experience the sheer joy of great live music .... But that's for another time - Kelly

mikewalker and bassdude51 like this.
  5. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

Jan 29, 2013
    Cyprus
    $9,000,000,000 in my bank account

PWRL likes this.
  6. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

Jan 29, 2013
    Cyprus
    Oh bass-related.

An 400w all-tube amplifier that weighs 5lb and can fit into a carry-on.

mikewalker and Plectrum72 like this.
  7. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

Jan 29, 2013
    Cyprus
    The first 3 all exist (except if you mean a Fender P 6).

Fodera builds many passive instruments, they're the definition of 'high end' (considering going for a Monarch P sometime in the future), and any custom builder would be happy to leave active electronics off whatever you order (Gerald Marleaux often does this, he strongly believes in a good active tone only being possible if the passive tone is on point). I think Dingwall put out a lot of passive Z-series instruments, and those cost thousands.

Music Man's new John Myung signature Bongo has a 5-way switch knob for pickup selection. I'm sure that would be easy to find and fit onto other basses.

That fourth one... yeah maybe not anytime soon :D

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    mikewalker and Vinny_G like this.
  8. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    A flight case for bass with a quality removable gig bag.

Yes, I know - SKB makes the Roto case, and Gruvgear makes the Kapsule. But SKB does not make a decent gig bag to fit the Roto case, and only a handful of third-party bags fit the case at all. Also, the design itself has many flaws. The Kapsule is much better, but you actually have to carry the entire case on your back. All I’m asking for is a proper, unlined hardshell flight case, with a good gig bag that fits inside it. I mean, how hard can that be?

TH63, amper, mikewalker and 3 others like this.
  9. NeonVomit

NeonVomit

Jan 29, 2013
    Cyprus
    Yeah I've got the Kapsule (which arrived just in time for me to make two overseas gigs before everything shut down) and while it's super duper convenient I get what you mean. Maybe a keyboard flight case with the correct dimensions for you to fit your gigbag in there?

mikewalker likes this.
  10. Vinny_G likes this.
  11. Eli_Kyiv

Eli_Kyiv

Apr 7, 2020
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    A multieffect unit with a dedicated "boost" foot button.

mikewalker likes this.
  12. nilorius

nilorius Inactive

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    Maybe it will exist after 20 years. I would wish that there would exist a 6 string electric bass that can be switched to a nornal 6 string electric guitar.

13. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    I’m sure something like that would be possible. What I don’t understand, though, is why nobody’s done it - for any of the major case manufacturers it would be super simple to do, but no.

Fun Size Nick likes this.
  14. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    here ya go.
    rs_600x600-170331095002-600-carrot-top.jpg

15. Lagado

Lagado Inactive

Jan 6, 2020
    An everlasting Crème Brûlée of the very finest quality.

elfbass, Outbush and mikewalker like this.
  16. lark_z

lark_z Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2020
    A nice bass that only weighs maybe 1 lb. Oh wait - and the neck auto-adjusts if you change strings. You just tell it the relief and action you want. Be nice if the frets could move closer together for certain songs.

mikewalker likes this.
  17. equill

equill

Nov 25, 2010
    Madrid
    Check out Basslab instruments. Not quite down to 1lb, but pretty darn close, and very nice - depending on how conservative your tastes are :)

mikewalker likes this.
  18. +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

mikewalker and Joe Nerve like this.
  19. GrahamNN3

GrahamNN3

Apr 11, 2018
    A bass with a high quality built in pitch shifter - up 1/2 or down 1/2 a tone etc

mikewalker and Plectrum72 like this.
  20. Keyboardists with no left hand

Singers that help with equipment

Artists minus the superior attitude and the selfindulgence

‘Drummers that can play with intensity quietly.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021