What do you wish existed?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DoctorZee, Sep 3, 2020.

1. I will be really happy if Fender would produce a Bass VI instruments with a wider string spacing at the nut and bridge, that can be played finger style.
    That and a newer version of their original Bass V, with a better sounding pickup or a double pickup configuration...

The Owl likes this.
  2. GretschWretch

GretschWretch Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    equill likes this.
  3. Peteyboy

Peteyboy

Apr 2, 2018
    Los Angeles
    I wish an effective Musician's Union existed.

4. equill

equill

Nov 25, 2010
    Madrid
    Ditto. Looks like she has enough mileage to be interesting.

5. Peteyboy

Peteyboy

Apr 2, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Dudes. Is that not Carrot Top?

MYLOWFREQ likes this.
  6. maxschrek

maxschrek Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN.
    Hamer USA.

7. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria
    Already done ;)

74573_0_wide_ver1530675225.jpg

ZedLepp and mikewalker like this.
  8. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Columbia, MD Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I wish there were a simple, one pickup bass that could capture all of the classic recorded tones in one instrument.

StevieMac and mikewalker like this.
  9. equill

equill

Nov 25, 2010
    Madrid
    ...could be.
    :shrugs: If it is, he can buy me a drink and I'll find out whether I like him.

amper, xI Jonathan Ix and Peteyboy like this.
  10. jjfret

jjfret

Apr 30, 2008
    Hyattsville Md.
    Lined fretless basses with the side dots in the proper place:bassist:

11. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar Jazz & Cocktails Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Central Pa
    That’s an interesting idea. I’d always hoped that Mesa would combine their amazing tech into a light-weight, hi-power Subway / Scout combo / stack.

BOOG likes this.
  12. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    it is him..

equill likes this.
  13. nilorius

nilorius Inactive

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    You mean this thing can tune the guitar without , me, touching the tuners ???

14. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    bet carrot tops package is bigger than yours...

15. Darrell Curry

Darrell Curry

Sep 4, 2020

Guitar crate exists.

Guess I should have read through the whole post before replying. I guess this was already answered.

16. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Central Ohio
    I’ll play. The biggest gap in my gigging universe is the whole ampless equipment / soundstage. There are several aspects which need drastic improvement.

First, the preamp / DI’s. I have yet to play one that comes anywhere close to the character I can get from my rack mount preamps. Not even close. Which is massively unfortunate, because most of the good ones are costing at least twice as much as the rack mount preamps (on the used market) while delivering only a pale shadow of the tone. I know this is a new technology; but, color me unimpressed so far.

Second, the soundstage itself. The whole IEM construct, with the sound engineer doing whatever they please with the FOH, good or bad, and players listening to their own individual channels may seem awesome from a tech standpoint; but, that arrangement completely throws the baby out with the bath water. Why? Because one of the unintended consequences is that ensemble play, interaction, and group dynamics go straight out the window. This is massively bad for the music. What is needed is a mix architecture in the IEM’s which instead ENCOURAGES ensemble interaction and dynamics, and patches for the FOH, which make the instruments sound like what the musicians intend, rather than the sound engineer’s 1995 Honda Civic with 1000W subwoofer.

So, ATM, the cart is driving the horse in completely the WRONG DIRECTION. I fervently wish the tech and gear to correct these major issues existed. Doesn’t appear to be the case.

MustangWally and xI Jonathan Ix like this.
  17. mikewalker

mikewalker

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    +1! :woot:

18. RichSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    Which proper place do you prefer?

19. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria
    Yes, and it was a huge failure.

20. RichSnyder

Jun 19, 2003
    I would not want individual musicians determining what the FOH mix sounds like. Who wins? More keyboard? More drums? More vocals? More bass? And then as each boost their sound, everyone boosts again. Maybe you just need a better sound engineer.

legalbass and Guild B301 like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 18, 2021