1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What does a bubinga body sound like??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Alexvs, Nov 16, 2000.

1. Alexvs

Alexvs

Oct 18, 2000
    Kalmar, Sweden
    The subject is the question..... simple as that....

Alex

2. Well, sort of "heavy" - "dense" could also be used to describe a bubinga body...

- Wil

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Very Quiet!

Until you put some strings and electronics on it, then plug these into an amp! ;)

I suppose I could also say it depends on someone plucking/hitting the strings and how they do this....

4. If there is nobody in the forest to hear it, we don't even know if it makes a sound when falling.......
    But I did know a guy who took the previous advice and put some strings on it etc............ and it was very woody, if that makes any sense.....try a warwick, I think that is the one that I heard, great natural expression......

........if you groove it, they will come......

5. mark

mark

Apr 7, 2000
    Canada
    It's really deep and punchy. Try to find a warwick thumb neck-thru....that'll show you what bubinga is all about

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Sounds like it weighs a ton. It's got a real deep tone too.

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The bubinga instruments I've tried all had a pronounced midrange with less bottom and top than, say, ash. Excellent for fingerstyle; less so for slapping and tapping. And yes, it weighs a ton.