Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What does a bubinga body sound like??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Alexvs, Nov 16, 2000.

1. Alexvs

Alexvs

Oct 18, 2000
    Kalmar, Sweden
    The subject is the question..... simple as that....

Alex

2. Well, sort of "heavy" - "dense" could also be used to describe a bubinga body...

- Wil

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Very Quiet!

Until you put some strings and electronics on it, then plug these into an amp! ;)

I suppose I could also say it depends on someone plucking/hitting the strings and how they do this....

4. If there is nobody in the forest to hear it, we don't even know if it makes a sound when falling.......
    But I did know a guy who took the previous advice and put some strings on it etc............ and it was very woody, if that makes any sense.....try a warwick, I think that is the one that I heard, great natural expression......

........if you groove it, they will come......

5. mark

mark

Apr 7, 2000
    Canada
    It's really deep and punchy. Try to find a warwick thumb neck-thru....that'll show you what bubinga is all about

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Sounds like it weighs a ton. It's got a real deep tone too.

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The bubinga instruments I've tried all had a pronounced midrange with less bottom and top than, say, ash. Excellent for fingerstyle; less so for slapping and tapping. And yes, it weighs a ton.