Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What does everyone think of B.C. Rich Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by twang, Jul 10, 2002.

1. twang

twang

Jul 10, 2002
    Plainfield CT
    I just got a NJ Beast Bass it looks so good and plays just as well it has killer tone with the active electronics.

2. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    everyone likes them!

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    LOL @ xush.

i dunno - i think if you want something pointy then they're good, but for the money you can definitely get something that plays and sounds better (and is safer)

but if it's what YOU like - who cares what i think!

4. twang

twang

Jul 10, 2002
    Plainfield CT
    Ya my guitarist was being dumb so i stabbed him in the neck with it! LOL:D

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Pointy. That's all. No G.A.S. leaks to be found.

6. twang

twang

Jul 10, 2002
    Plainfield CT
    Whats GAS?

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    G.A.S. - Gear Acquisition Syndrome, a well-documented disease among musicians, highly contagious, treatment is very cost-intensive, can become chronic, no vaccine available. Fallbacks can occur at any time.

8. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    not all b.c. rich basses are pointy. i bought an innovator back in '88 and it's strat-shaped. that being said, imo, you get what you pay for. it's not a bad bass, but it's by no means a great bass...

9. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    as munji would put it b.c.rich=blows

10. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    so that's good, right? The opposite of 'sucks'...

11. twang

twang

Jul 10, 2002
    Plainfield CT
    i put through my setup and it sounds great and looks great. ive played lots of basses and i really like the way the Beast plays.

12. My ol' mum always warned me not to run whilst carring a B.C. Rich...

13. twang

twang

Jul 10, 2002
    Plainfield CT
    thanx for the advice ill have to remember that

14. BassPlayerGush

BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    PA
    The sound is not the greatest, but the worst part is how it feels. Just feels uncomfortable and that kind of not well built feel to it.

15. well, i've never played a BC Rich bass, but if you like the way it feels, plays, and sounds, then cool for you man. remember, everyone else's opinions here aren't really important, if you like the bass then that's all that matters.:)

16. AdequateBob

AdequateBob Guest

Jul 5, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hated them ever since my guitarist hit me with the headstock of his Warlock (now sold, thank god). How painful. So... pointy.

17. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    For the money, you can do better. what your probly paying more for is looks. and if your in music, looks won't matter to people listening to your cd.

18. I don`t care for them at all.Don`t like their looks,how they feel,and the sound.

As long as you are happy with it though,that is the main thing.:)

19. It is the NJ series, which is A LOT nicer then the ones I've played *and many of you that bash them* The inexpensive ones are absolutely terrible, but I'll hold my judgement of the whole line of basses until I play all of them

20. If you do a search in the archives, BC Rich has been discussed at great length on the forums. There are some really good threads with a lot of pros and cons to the BC Rich basses.