1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What does G.A.S mean

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bucuros, May 14, 2006.

1. bucuros

bucuros

May 14, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    I´m not a native english speaker, so I don´t have any idea of what does it mean. I found it in many music forums and seems to have to do with being eager of buying a certain equimpent. Can anyone answer this silly quetion: what is GAS?

2. Gear Acquistion Syndrome

it means you want stuff :)

its not a silly question...we've all had it...except TomBowlus, who just buys it instead of telling us how much he wants it :)

3. bucuros

bucuros

May 14, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    thanks,
    I too have this sindrome, just that until today I didn´t know how to call it :)

4. Those of us (like TomBowlus) who delve into out GAS are known as Gear Whores. I am definatly a gear whore, both in what I own (more than I should for my skill level) and what I aspire to own... :ninja: :D

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Not me.

6. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    No... From your profile, your are more than a gear whore... *L*

And I thought my list was comprehensive! I have much to learn... and much $$$ to earn...

7. That's the definition. Now here's a living example of the dangerous effects of this disease:

http://gearslutz.com/board/showthread.php3?t=38522

(I know this has been posted here before, but it's worth a repost :))

8. Holy hell thats alot of gear. Man, my list is sad compared to that. I mean, I own 2 basses that are of professional level, and I'm about to order a 3rd (an SX 75 jazz) that I will modify to make it professional level, a pro level amp, 3 guitars, a few effects, and several other instruments. But trust me, if I had the money to pay for it, I would buy everything in that studio, and then put even more in there...

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes, this gives me something to which I can aspire. Also, I can show it to my wife the next time she asks me how many basses I can play at one time.

10. +1 :)