Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What does the first Fernandes bass look like?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by groove9028, May 25, 2004.

1. groove9028

groove9028

May 25, 2004
    I was just wondering what the first model looked like, because their website only have the new and trendy looking models. I have a fernandes bass but it's not part of any series of todays fernandes basses. if anyone could give me info, it'd be great! :smug:

:bassist: Thanks

(ps, on the headstock, it's got the FERNANDES logo and under it, it says, Electric Sound Research Group. hope this helps!)

2. Hank75

Hank75

Jan 15, 2008

Fernandes The Revival, is de model off this bass...a clon of a Fender 62

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Errr... :confused:

Travelling back in time four years to answer the OP, Fernandes made a great many different-looking models prior to whatever was new and trendy at the time you posted. If you're still around to read this, a photo would help identify the model you have.

To the guy who revived the thread... Is "The Revival" really Fernandes' first bass, and how do you know his (from four years ago) was that model?

4. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    The Revivals were the first series, I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those scans are from the 1977 Fernandez catalog. Fernandez has been around since 1969, but I can't find an earlier catalog with bass models in it.

5. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Fernandez didn't just copy Fenders, either. Here are some models from the 1981 catalog:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I think Fernandez, more than Ibanez, was the instigator of the famous "lawsuit" brought by Fender and Gibson.