Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What does this mean

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by AaronBrazier, Apr 26, 2004.

1. AaronBrazier

AaronBrazier

Apr 26, 2004
    I'm sorry because this question probally sounds stupid but i just started. When i am reading tabs i come past stuff like 3h4 and 2h4 and 2h2 what do these three things mean.

Please REPLY

2. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Hammer the next note, 2 hammer 4, hammer being when you just press the note to make the sound, instead of plucking it. Honestly though I doubt it would make a huge difference if you just plucked the note.

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    It makes a difference.

btw you cant have a 2h2.

4. AaronBrazier

AaronBrazier

Apr 26, 2004
    2 hammer 4
    for example
    if the tab is
    3 4 3h4
    so this means to pluck the 3 and four first then just put your finger on the 3 and 4 to give it a sound
    Note do you hit the 3 and 4 together or apart

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Hit the 3..and then while its ringing, put yor finger on the 4. (keeping it on the 3 though, dont take it off) so you need to use 2 fingers.

6. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    ?

7. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    That would mean you'd hammer a note that is already fretted, which is possible if you'd pull the 2 and then hammer it again...something like this 2p0h2

Sorry if I just confused you

8. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    incase he did confuse you, that means, pluck 2 let go of 2 then hit it again with out plucking it.

isnt it cool the way u can make three independint sounds with just one pluck :p