What does your nick mean?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rexspangle, Jul 10, 2001.

1. just a pointless question why did you choose your nick? Mine is an inside joke a friend and I started in grade 9 and it kinda stuck. We had a whole bunch of fake bands and gave them funny names it is short for "rexspangle and the hidden ten" we would ask people if they heard of them and they would say "yeah they aint bad!"
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

It signifies I didn't know you couldn't change your screen name after I registered. It was an old email user name.

It means absolutely nothing other than my first name is............not "bass1."
  3. Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    My name comes from Mother Love Bone, a band which I used to listen to over and over again. Well, they only have one CD.. but it's hecka good :)

Then it evolved into Love Bone, and then lovebone, and now lovebown.

4. you could always register again and change your name you only have over 2500 posts. :)
  5. could be wrong but was Eddie Vedder in mother love bone?
  6. Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Almost :p
    He formed Pearl Jam with Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament who had previously played with Andrew Wood (overdose) who were in Mother Love Bone.

7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Just my initials and an X and the end.
    It's boring, but that's all there is to it. :D
  8. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Mine means absolutely nothing whatsoever. Lotsa people think my name is Bob. A. Weeka. But it's "O" as in s<b>o</b>. So I guess it's sorta sound like a Star Wars character. Oh yeah, and my name is Andy. :)
  9. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I read this before:
    Portrait = the study of Harmonics
    Tracy = Jaco's first wife
    of = (used to indicate dervation or orgin, i.e. songs of Gershwin)

I added the last part
  10. Godsmack = kick as$ band!

that's BASSically it! :) get it? do you get it bass ically, :)
  11. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mine is just my middle name.
  12. It's short for David Grossman.

- Dave
  13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    there are too many Daves on TB ;)

-Dave Grossman
    -Dave Castelo
    -Dave Siff
    -Dave Tomasi

14. Mine is just a nod to my favorite singer and songwriter, and the reason that I became interested in music in the first place.
    "I am the Lizard King. I can do anything." - Jim Morrison.
    My real name is (coincidentally) Jim
  15. Ulyanov was Vladimir Lenin's last name before he changed it - Vladimir Illyich Ulyanov. I'm not a communist or anything, I just like Russian history.
  16. One time I put glue on my finger, and it dried, then I took it off. In art class I think. And I like how it looks. Paste Paste. You know? Paste... It just looks neat to me........ I am so sad.....
  17. 72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Well, I'm another Dave, but I didn't use my name in my handle out of consideration for my fellow Daves.

p.s. guess what I drive! (see, I'm on topic)