What does your username mean?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bassist4dalord, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Tanner5382

Tanner5382

Sep 26, 2010
    Canton, GA
    My first name and some random numbers.

2. Mine is pretty self explanatory lol

3. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    It's funny at one point I signed up to take some college courses the user name they automatically gave me was the first 2 letters of my first name and the first 2 letters of my last name and a number I don't remember the numbers but the first part came out to Jaco. My ego isn't big enough to use that as a user name anywhere.

C/S,
    rev J

4. Mine is a reference to my being an ice hockey goalie.

5. tlc1976

tlc1976

Aug 2, 2016
    Michigan
    tlc is my initials and I was born in 1976. Pretty simple. The initials have gotten a lot of jokes but my favorite was "tastes like chicken".

6. GnarwhalNick

GnarwhalNick

Jan 18, 2011
    The two parts of my name are "Two Colors" and "Killer"

Two Colors is one of the first songs I wrote and was a hit (amongst friends) and "Killer" is the nickname I gave to my first bass. I used to say things were "Killer" a lot (as in cool) and I wrote "Killer B**CH" on my bass's case (exactly how I typed it, with the asterisks haha). It got to the point where I ended up just calling my bass Killer and the name kinda stuck. It does have killer tone haha

The song I wrote was about someone I'm not on the best of terms though... I really want to change my name but I don't know how haha

7. kittywithabanjo

kittywithabanjo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Coquitlam. BC
    My wife likes keyboard kitty so I said what next a kitty with a banjo. Sort of been a thing since the. And I do have a banjo too

8. The name of my High School band. Long time ago.

9. Third emperor of ancient Rome, according to ancient sources he was quite a lunatic, ruled the empire for four years only and was stabbed at the age of 28.

10. My other hobby is fishing, so I bet you can figure out the rest....
    Fishheadjoe

11. Bass.

Bass.

Jan 23, 2006
    San Diego
    Bass, end of story.

12. Duder

Duder

Dec 6, 2014
    Florida
    I'm into the whole brevity thing

13. btmpancake

btmpancake Gold Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Apollo beach, Florida
    Btm is short for bottom, playing the bass for the 1st group of guys I played with outside of my home and Pancake because my strings were dead and wouldn't hold tune and they said I was ''flat as a pancake''

14. First initial and my last name.

15. bobba66

bobba66

May 18, 2006
    Arlington, Texas
    Step-off code for an invasion of the mole people. Someone dropped the ball on the comm link, obviously.:woot:

16. pica

pica

Nov 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Wow over 6 years old and still going.....

17. What I was eating when I joined Talkbass.

18. After weeks of deep thought, I finally came up with a very pretentious name, attempting to impress others by affecting a greater importance and talent than is actually possessed. As I border upon being a singular poseur, I desired a descriptive moniker that was showy, pretentious, ostentatious and meant to give an excessive outward purely gratuitous display of bass player vanity. (I even drew a showy, imposing and striking appearance as an icon in a vain attempt to act like I am more important or knowledgeable than I really am - which I am, of course!) Even now, as we speak, I am trying to sound intelligent by using long, complicated words, even though I don't know what they mean. In fact, I have forgotten more than I ever learned. This places me within a select group of mentally deficient basse playeurs. I dwell in concernment over left hand techniques, articulations and tetra-chordal fingering, fingerboard patterns and positions, a blend of shifting, pivoting, Simandl, Thumb-position and One Finger Per Fret hand formations, right hand plectrum, pizzicato, bowing, thumbing, "the hook" and various PIMA combinations. I use a matrix to explore the possible combinations and I guess it all went to my head as my train of thought began to de-rail in slow motion. In that frail state of mind, I derived the phrase, "string navigation"... the geometric fingerboard as compared to a transparent chessboard... the patterns of musical elements such as triads and scales as they are executed vertically and horizontally as compared to the orthogonal and diagonal moves of chess pieces, and whether there is a third dimension to the fingerboard, which I believe I have discovered, not only a third, but a fourth as well, as all triadic inversions are derived from the first... In this way, we are all String Navigators... as we strike the sails and set forth to explore the infinite possible dimensions and pathways subtended by a finite set of suspended strings!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  19. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    I'm from Philly, I play Bass, and I am no longer on the 100 Level, I'm in my Second Semester or Sophomore Year LOL!!!!

iriegnome likes this.
  20. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

That I'm pretty fly for a white guy.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021