What does your username mean?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bassist4dalord, Jan 30, 2010.

1. online biz

2. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

initials!

3. image.jpg I have a crooked finger...
    My name is Ben...

4. powmetalbassist

powmetalbassist Supporting Member

when I created this account I was playing in, and very much a fan (still am a fan) of power metal.

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I was once a captain in the Gorn Hegemony but I was recently demoted. I don't wanna talk about it.

kittywithabanjo and Gluvhand like this.
  6. steve_ss

steve_ss Shiny, let's be bad guys. Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Southern NJ, USA
    Steve_ss. Steve is my first name, ss is Short Scale, the bass I play. Sorry it's not more exciting.

7. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Sunny Beach
    Back in the mid-seventies, the CB craze hit. That's how we communicated in our cars (and from base stations at home) with our friends.

A few moons before texting, etc. lol

Anyway, I needed a "handle" and asked for help picking out a name. A buddy questioned what do i do at work. I said I am a switchgear operator. So, Switchgear it was and is.

8. baileyboy

baileyboy

Aug 12, 2010
    My dog's name is Bailey. He is a male.

9. Lazarus27

Lazarus27

Nov 18, 2016
    Olympia, WA
    I just celebrated a year and a half clean & sober. It's like coming back to life, hence the name of the biblical character that Jesus brought back to life. I'm not Christian, it's just a name that represented that without being "Soberboy" or something. The 27 is because Lazarus was taken already, and 27 is my favorite number (I have it tattood on my wrist). The fact that it pays tribute of course to a bunch of incredible rockstars who died at that age, often as a result of drugs, is just a coincidence.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  10. Lazarus27

Lazarus27

Nov 18, 2016
    Olympia, WA
    That's my next tattoo if I ever get around to it.

11. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    < Our music and lyrics kinda go out on a tangent..

12. Jables

Jables

May 10, 2007
    Portland, OR
    My little initials are JB--a buddy called me "Jables" for a while. Realized later it probably came from Jack Black/Tenacious D. Still works for me!

13. I am the world's greatest 2 string bass disco player

hrodbert696 and NealBass like this.
  14. It's a bit nostalgic: In the Navy in Japan in the early 70s I played in a country band called the Stateside Ramblers. The Stateside part was a tip of the hat to Mel Tillis and the Statesiders; I don't recall where we got the Ramblers part. It was a fun band and my intro to playing country bass, when country performers didn't sound or dress or act even one bit like rockers.

15. Pedullist

Pedullist

Oct 31, 2016
    Player of many Pedulla basses

16. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    The guitar player in my former band was making fun of my cheap bass, and said "Hondo for life" in his lame heavy metal rockstar voice. He didn't know how true it was. It is a great bass, and I absolutely will play it forever.

17. ghostinthemach

ghostinthemach Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Brea CA
    Still around from a Police tribute i ran for a while years ago. Still have the email addy so it's a no brainer atp.

18. Peepaleep

Peepaleep Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Las Cruces, NM
    My first bass was a Hondo P-bass back in '82. I was an idiot and got rid of it because I thought I had to once I became a better bass player. I wish I still had it.

19. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Do you really? :D

20. Peepaleep

Peepaleep Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2010
    Las Cruces, NM
    I do, if only to be able to say that I still have my first bass. I dig that ugly brass bridge :)

JimmyM likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021