What don't you like???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by grooveguru, Apr 25, 2003.

1. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    What don't you like about your favorite bass? My new Roscoe LG3005 hangs a little more horizontal than I like!
  2. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I just purchased a Jerzy Drozd Excellency and the only thing that kinda bugs me, just a little, is the space between the pick-ups. It's a little tight for slapping. But I wil be victorious, and all will be good.
    I just have to adapt. No biggee.[​IMG]
  3. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I guess the one thing I don't like on my Peavey Cirrus is the spaces around the 'C' inlay. Too bad it sounds so good, or I might have gotten rid of it! :D
  4. in repair16

in repair16 Guest

Apr 24, 2003
    Whiting, Indiana
    HAHAHA, My P bass has no pick ups. Other than that, i love it!:rolleyes:
  5. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Uhmmm... hmm. Well I... OK, it's... I guess that i'm not the greatest with 5 strings yet. But I guess that's not the basses fault. Hmm, i'll have to get back to ya on this one;)
  6. darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    The only thing I dont like about my squier is that the thing would not stay in tune to well. After some slap bass it would fall out of tune. But thanx to Woodchuck (Thanx again man) I got some awesome strings that do as advertised. They stay in tune, lol. So anyways, a bit off topic...The new strings bring a great tone to my bass, and im just about statisfied. Is this normal? Could the change in strings some how fill the void that I was feeling?
  7. Your Roscoe can be made to balance better by relocating the butt-end strap hanger about 2" closer to your body.
  8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

My main bass has a 1 piece slab cut neckthru neck.
    The sound is fantastic and the neck comfortable, but it tends to move a little too much with weather.
    If I was to have it made again, I'd probably go with either stiffeners or a 3 piece neck.
  9. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA

The Roscoe's bottom button is set closer to my body by design. It's not as bad as a Warwick balance wise but it still doesn't hang like a Fender or my Lakland. I gotta slap some Strap Loks on it yet. I'll adapt I suppose.
  10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

Yet another victim....MUAHAHAHAHAHcoughcoughcoughcough....

Hey ray, how's that beautiful bass treatin' ya???

11. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    I have to watch the temperature with my Jazz bass as it has a nitro finish and a thin neck...
  12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

Well, if you're unhappy, you can just give it to me, I'll live with the minor neck dive.

Anything to help a fellow TBer out!

13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    my stingray is "waethered from years of touring"...
    my carvin - me and the preamp seem to fight a bit and i have to watch the neck movement with the temp change.

the essex- perfect except for 2 high frets
  14. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    There's only one thing about my favorite, the singlecut Elrick in my Avatar. I love the feel, weight, balance, looks, versatility; it's like it was custom made for me. It's the band, they'd rather I strapped on the Fbass, I don't get it! :mad:
  15. My TBC sounds great and feels darn good, but I can't get low action out of it, and there a couple of dings here and there, but only because I am kind of clumsy and it is used. But beside that is sounds really good. It is a little heavy though, and the stuff on the back cuts me when I play without a shirt on, because of the control plate, battery box, and slightly mangled screws for the neck. All in all still a godlike bass
  16. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I wish my Modulus Quantum 5 had 19mm bridge spacing instead of 17mm.

I wish my Lull P5 had 19mm bridge spacing instead of 17mm.

My MTD 535 has a bit of a dead spot at 9th fret D string. After all these years I'm accustomed to avoiding the standard Fender dead spot (7th fret G string), I'll just have to get used to this one too. :)
  17. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    :meh: Can't think of any complaints on my Spector..its a gem! :D Only complaint on my SX jazz is that the pickups don't drop low enough and I ahve to turn off teh neck pup to slap or play above the 12th fret or else i get nasty popping. I could fix this, but I've been too lazy lately.
  18. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    On my Wal bass, I don't really like having the output jack coming out the bottom edge because it makes it difficult to play when sitting on the floor or couch, so I would prefer it to have the output jack on the front. The problem might have been worked around by using a chord with an angled connector, but NO, they had to recess the jack making that impossible.
  19. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    My main bass is an Ibanez SR645. The string spacing is too tight. It's not my favorite bass, but it does well for now.
  20. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

Damn! I wish my Ibanez BTB405 had 17mm spacing, not 19mm!:D

Wanna trade?:bassist: :D