1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Eats a 9ft Great White? A 16ft Great White!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DerHoggz, Jun 7, 2014.

1. edpal

edpal Banned

Oct 3, 2007
    Too freaking cool!!!

2. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Banned

Feb 13, 2009
    Western Pennsylvania
    shark16n-1-web.
    Here is a different 16ft-er, "Joan of Shark,"only 1.6 tons compared to the estimated 2 tons of the OP.

3. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Hoo Ha Ha.

nukes_da_bass likes this.
  4. edpal

edpal Banned

Oct 3, 2007
    I think it needs a weigh-in. I'll man the winch and scale if you'll hop in and get the belly-sling under it.:)

5. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

Over the past 30 years, the Great White population in the waters off SoCal has increased sufficiently. The main reason is their food source, sea lions and seals, are now protected so no need for the juveniles to migrate to NorCal waters as they did in the past. With that said, I have only come across a Great White on three occasions while boating offshore. They are a magnificent animal but at the same time somewhat scarey to view. We have had only a few fatal attacks in the surf line from San Diego to the Central Coast over the past few years.

6. 4StringAxe

4StringAxe

Jul 27, 2009
    Jabber Jaws is looking huge.

7. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    previated devert
    We're gonna need a bigger boat.