Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What effect is this? (clip included)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Josh Raines, Nov 5, 2005.

  1. sounds like a flanger kind of effect..
  2. psi


    Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    I'd say a mix of clean + flange.
  3. Joe P

    Joe P

    Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Definately a flanger - and it's not an 'over-the-top' flange, so several regular footpedal flangers would work.

  4. Jazz Ad

    Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

    Yes, flanger and a huge compression.
  5. Joe P

    Joe P

    Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Oh, Man -- how could I have missed that?
    Yup. 'and huge compression'.

    My CS-3 would be perfect for that sound, because it gives a nice, accentuated "TICK" to plectrum-parts, if you set it right! You'd put the flanger AFTER the compressor.