What effect is this?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by arjune, Oct 31, 2006.

1. arjune

arjune

Oct 8, 2006
    SF, CA
    I've heard it twice and I'm curious about what it is. The first time I heard it was in the "Red Room Trip" section of the Incubus DVD that came with Morning View, and the second time I heard it was during King Crimson's "Larks' Tongues in Aspic, Part One" at about the 6:30 mark.

Is it modulation or what?

2. samples?

3. excane

excane Inactive

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    +1

4. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    It's either an auto-wah or manual wah with a very dirty signal going through, maybe even an amp distortion. I don't quite remember my KC history... what year was LTIA and was John Wetton still in the band?

5. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    It was about 72ish and I believe it was Wetton's 1st album with KC

6. <consults music library> In Larks Tongues it sounds like distortion & wah to me. He's just treadling the wah at a steady rate for the first bit, then it gets a bit random towards the end.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021