1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What effects did Tim C use in RATM?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by absentism, Mar 3, 2006.

1. absentism

absentism

Mar 3, 2006
    Missouri, USA
    My first thread, I'm so proud...

I was wondering if anyone knew what EFFECTS Timmy C used in his days in RATM? I really don't care about Audioslave, so if anyone has any insight, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. i believe he has a marshall gov'nor for distortion, a dunlop wah (he uses the 105Q now) and he had a dd-3 delay as well

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I thought that his rig was a secret...:bag:
    :D

4. we should make a tim C sticky...there are a lot of people who ask that...

5. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    Not sure about effects. but i know that he splits his bass signal and has 1 distortion amp channel and one clean

6. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    Whatever happened to the Timmy C "Bill Brasky" thread where someone said something to the effect of "he makes his own strings & mines the ore himself in Montana" or something like that.

I'm not doing the original line justice, but when I read it I laughed so hard I think coffee came out of my nose.

'Twas a brilliant post from one of you guys...

7. absentism

absentism

Mar 3, 2006
    Missouri, USA
    I heard the gov'nor, but I wasn't sure about the rest...thanks everybody...

8. oh yeah, and he also used a Boss octave pedal (not sure which number at the moment) for songs like no shelter

9. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I don't know what effects he uses specifically. But he said in Bass Player Magazine a while back that he will find vintage pedals and re-wire them himself using larger gauge wires. So to be able to replicate his sound may be a little difficult. I trust him because his tattoo kicks ass! haha

10. alexit

alexit

Feb 21, 2006
    The Audioslaved equipment forum has a huge Tim C thread with some up-close shots of his board. Unfortunately, their forums are done right now but that's where you'll find the info

11. OneArmedScissor

OneArmedScissor

Feb 23, 2006
    I remember reading something that mentioned that he made his own distortion pedal. And I think some other famous bassist (maybe Les) asked him to show him and he refused.

12. chubchub

chubchub

Feb 25, 2006
    orkney
    In the RATM era Tim used

* Marshall Guv'nor Distortion
    * Unknown Distortion or Overdrive (Possibly homemade)
    * Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
    * Jim Dunlop Crybaby 105Q Bass Wah
    * Boss OC-2 Octave Pedal
    * Unknown Volume Pedal
    * Possibly a MXR Flanger

13. Fieldy called:

He said you you can make a Timmy C sticky after you make a Fieldy sticky..

14. Wespe

Wespe

Feb 21, 2006
    I don't want to take it too far off-topic, but does anyone know what effects Tim uses in Audioslave? They can't be too far off.

15. from what i can remember he uses 2 105q bass wahs together, that custom pedal of his, boss delay and octave pedals and a i think a mig muff fuzz. best bet is to wait till the audioslaved forum is back up.