What effects did Tim C use in RATM?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by absentism, Mar 3, 2006.

1. absentism

Mar 3, 2006
    Missouri, USA
    My first thread, I'm so proud...

I was wondering if anyone knew what EFFECTS Timmy C used in his days in RATM? I really don't care about Audioslave, so if anyone has any insight, I'd greatly appreciate it.
  2. i believe he has a marshall gov'nor for distortion, a dunlop wah (he uses the 105Q now) and he had a dd-3 delay as well
  3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I thought that his rig was a secret...:bag:
  4. we should make a tim C sticky...there are a lot of people who ask that...
  5. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    Not sure about effects. but i know that he splits his bass signal and has 1 distortion amp channel and one clean
  6. loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    Whatever happened to the Timmy C "Bill Brasky" thread where someone said something to the effect of "he makes his own strings & mines the ore himself in Montana" or something like that.

I'm not doing the original line justice, but when I read it I laughed so hard I think coffee came out of my nose.

'Twas a brilliant post from one of you guys...
  7. absentism

Mar 3, 2006
    Missouri, USA
    I heard the gov'nor, but I wasn't sure about the rest...thanks everybody...
  8. oh yeah, and he also used a Boss octave pedal (not sure which number at the moment) for songs like no shelter
  9. 95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I don't know what effects he uses specifically. But he said in Bass Player Magazine a while back that he will find vintage pedals and re-wire them himself using larger gauge wires. So to be able to replicate his sound may be a little difficult. I trust him because his tattoo kicks ass! haha
  10. alexit

Feb 21, 2006
    The Audioslaved equipment forum has a huge Tim C thread with some up-close shots of his board. Unfortunately, their forums are done right now but that's where you'll find the info
  11. OneArmedScissor

Feb 23, 2006
    I remember reading something that mentioned that he made his own distortion pedal. And I think some other famous bassist (maybe Les) asked him to show him and he refused.
  12. chubchub

Feb 25, 2006
    In the RATM era Tim used

* Marshall Guv'nor Distortion
    * Unknown Distortion or Overdrive (Possibly homemade)
    * Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
    * Jim Dunlop Crybaby 105Q Bass Wah
    * Boss OC-2 Octave Pedal
    * Unknown Volume Pedal
    * Possibly a MXR Flanger
  13. Fieldy called:

He said you you can make a Timmy C sticky after you make a Fieldy sticky..
  14. Wespe

Feb 21, 2006
    I don't want to take it too far off-topic, but does anyone know what effects Tim uses in Audioslave? They can't be too far off.
  15. from what i can remember he uses 2 105q bass wahs together, that custom pedal of his, boss delay and octave pedals and a i think a mig muff fuzz. best bet is to wait till the audioslaved forum is back up.