1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What effects is NIN using here?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LotusCarsLtd52, Apr 17, 2010.

1. LotusCarsLtd52

LotusCarsLtd52

Dec 6, 2009
    This might be just guitar here but I was hoping someone could identify what kind of effects might be in use:

Not really looking to identify specific brands but that wouldn't hurt if someone can figure that out too.

Thanks!

2. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    I watched some of the tour vids for that tune and it's guitar and heavy synth. JMJ is even manning a synth for it. You could cop that kind of vibe on bass with one of the brassier fuzzes out there (B:Assmaster, Depth Charge, etc.).

3. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    That is a very sinister synth sound. Never heard this song before. To me it sounds similar to the synth sound at 4:20 in aphex twin's windowlicker. I'm terrible at identifying effects though...

I've been wanting to know if a pedal can get close to that sound for awhile.

4. wasn't trent in his metasonix phase during that time? I would check out the scrotum smasher or the butt probe to get pretty close

5. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Go to JMJ's sub-forum and ask him to ring up Trent and ask him what he used.