Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What else do you do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Guss, Oct 14, 2002.

1. We talk so much about bass and music on this site,(which makes sense) I was just wondering what other non-musical interest other TBer have.:)

2. well.. uhm.. you know.. the usual stuff : internet ( webdesign, development and security issues ), masturbation, photography, driving my car, gardening..

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Not all at once I hope ;)

4. I stick boots up people's butts that need it.

I also take care of my fish and plants, and cats. Make bikes go. Make bikes better. Clean house. Make jewelry.

5. Madden with my roomates, school *ugh, I gotta leave for class in a few minutes*, drugs, and sluts *I go to the slut capital of the freakin world*:rolleyes: :p

6. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I love reading... Anything and everything.. Lately, I've been getting into Poe, and re-reading The Silmarillion..

Other things I like..

Cooking..
    I love trying out new coffees (coffi??) Just got a cappuccino machine and I love it!!

I also like sampling various types of beer.. Some of my faves: Sumuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout.. Mackeson Triple Stout, Dos Equis, Pretty much any German and English dark beers.

Photography: Nothing remotely professional. just people and things...

Spoiling my three cats.. Xena, Grassdale and Uzi

7. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
  8. Mathias_TfG

Mathias_TfG

Apr 28, 2002
    New York
    stumble around my dorm with a dazed and confused look on my face

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Stand up comedy, Buying and selling stuff on eBay, reading, writing. Teaching myself to cook (talk about a steep learning curve)...

10. cheeseman

cheeseman

Feb 3, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Computer stuff : playing games, build websites, tech support

11. mkone17

mkone17

Sep 3, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA
    juggling. balls, clubs, rings, and so on

12. cheeseman

cheeseman

Feb 3, 2002
    Austin, TX
    flaming torches?

13. Tufnuts ,,,so you stick boots up people's butts that need it and you make Jewelry? I like to see that:eek: :D :)

Most of the time I do nothing or sometimes I'll work about the house, but when the surf is up, everything else gets put off until the swell is gone or me and Hank will drive up and down the coast looking for some surf!

Fetch![​IMG]

14. JOhnk

JOhnk

Mar 31, 2001
    burlington, vt
    the woods, reading, cooking, watching & enthusing over sumo wrestling, anime, all the standard bodily functions

15. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Computers and driving around....that's about it. That's sad. :(

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Bust shoplifters, go to school, and lift weights. :)

17. I like to hunt ride my snowmobile and atv,waterski spend time with my son and bang the wife.:D

18. Most of my other interests pertain directly to the things I'm studying in school right now. As such, the big 3 are mathematics, cryptography and data security, and computer programming.

In fact, playing bass for me is a way to make (admittedly, very little) use of the creative side of my brain since most of my time is spent studying cold, rational subjects like the ones I mentioned above. It's just enjoyment right now -- I don't have time for lessons or gigging. ...Maybe after grad school. :rolleyes: :D

19. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Go to school, watch sports, hang out with friends, kick myself, put my foot in my mouth, ummm....yeah that's about it. Man this sucks. :( ;)

20. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Let me see.. when I'm not talking or thinking about bass and/or music.. I'm probably talking about singing and/or music... if not that, then spending time with my girlfriend, playing unreal tournament 2003, and studying