Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What else do you do?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Suburban_punk, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    What else do you do with your spare time? (ie...hobbies, interests, ect..)

[​IMG]

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Awesome!

hockey rules! I played hockey all the time(street hockey) when I was little. I used to get free
    tickets to LA kings games.

currently, in my free time, I twirl frisbees around on my finger, dunk outside on the 9'6 hoop, kick soccer balls around, skateboard a little.

I used to be a photographer, but I have lost my muse.(read: taking a break)

and I'm a computer nerd.

I want to start taking martial arts courses, and/or gymnastics, I would love to be able to do hand-springs, handstands, frontflips, etc.

p.s. I was a goalie too(when I used to play)

3. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    NICE!

I used to skate as well...To old now.. ;)

4. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    Play the violin!
    I'm goin for my grade 9 before christmass. I've played it since grade 1. although i'm forced to play it, i do like it. I'll probably take it at university.

5. i draw... i really like working with charcoal. i have to spray some of my pieces with fixative and take them home from school.
    i love customizing/refinishing/modifying instruments. i'm planning on making an entire bass this summer.
    i also love taking walks. i walk around pond meadow park (a pond near me. it's also a park). there's tons of cool trails and paths and brooks and what not to explore. i love just being outside, walking around and looking at nature.
    i wanna get a camera and start doin' some photography this summer.

6. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Mountain biking, painting/drawing, reading, sitting in cafes. Add that to music and you have a pretty comprehensive list of my free time activities...

7. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I find certain websites amusing.

8. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    i watch movies, hang out w/ friends, and i drive... i just get in my car and drive. Til i run out of gas then my car sits in the driveway until i can scrounge up enough money to fill her up again.. then i drive...

9. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    I play Ice Hockey on Mondays, Roller Hockey on tuesdays, and street hockey whenever my friends and I find time to :D

Otherwise we either watch hockey on TV, or play video games (usually Hockey video games :D)

obsess MUCH?!? hehehe

I live, eat, and breathe hockey :p

10. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Sounds like the life man. My friends and I used to play street hockey all the time. The YMCA in town used to have a rollerhockey league... but they said it got too rough so the disbanded it...

i guess thats what they got for making it a no-check league.

11. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    It is... except for the whole working thing :p

12. Smoke some....wait...

sike,I like to play Half/Life mods and talk on AIM

Playing bass is cool too;)

13. Suburban_punk

Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Denver
    VERY COOL!

My buddies and I used to have the marathon tournies on Sega NHL97!!

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Shooting, various web message boards, hunting ducks and feral hogs, just general hanging out in the wild and sight-seeing.

brad cook

15. incognito89x

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Those were the days :D Personally NHL 94 was my favorite game of all time. I was only 10 or 11 at the time, but I loved playing as the Bruins in that game :) The line of Juneau, Oates, Neely destroyed everyone, with Bourque and Sweeney at the point :D Good times.

Sadly EA's games hacing taken a horrible downward fall since 2000.

Thankfully sega has made an amazing game in NHL2K3 :D I am so hyped up for NHL 2K4 I simply cannot wait for the game. It looks to be the most amazing hockey game, possibly ever!

My friends and I (4 of us) had two different seasons. One was in NHL Hitz. That was just all out fun and arcade hockey at it's best. The other was a serious sim season in NHL 2K3. Putting ourselves in the NHL and playing a season.

Friday nights sure were fun :D

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Write. Working on a couple novels, a collection, currently develping scripts for as many as 5 comics, on the web and off. Write lyrics too.

Big movie buff.

Read a lot, sci-fi, fantasy, and fiction, comics.

I actively doodle, and keep intending to actually work on my art, of which I keep showing potential.

Vocalist. Sing? Barely, but I do metal vocals, for, duh, metal bands. Probably gonna be the next band thing I do, that (be a vocalist).

Some video games. Used to be a gamer before I discovered bass, so I still get the itch about once a week. Not too bad at them, either.

And lately: exercise :eek:

Oh, and cultivating facial hair.

(ed-typos)

17. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Hey Brendan you ever sleep?

18. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hmmm my day as usual-
    wake up at 11:30

Play bass for 2 hours in the morning.. (or so.. i dont time it)

Mess around with songs i know, improv my technique, i haven't learned to much new songs. Maybe except Bicycle race by queen.

go eat lunch,
    take a shower,

Play drums for 3 or 4 hours

get on here, usually around 5:30
    stay till 7:30
    go play drums and bass and maybe a little guitar

gets on ...at around 9:30 and drools over this nice cort fretless that ive wanted for the past...2 years! =X

sits on here, reading about outerbody travel.
    Talk to my girlfriend!=)

goto bed at 3:30am

19. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Why do ya ask?

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Chat on other MB's

Go to hockey games (GO CONDORS!)

Eh... play G**tar

Dirtbike.... movies... mall... sleep... read... ponder... masticate...