What else do you play?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mad_man_moon61, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Hi all,
    Been away from the forum for awhile and
    recently been catching up on alot of the
    Just of out of curiosity,besides bass what other
    instruments (if any at all) do you play (or wish
    to learn).

As mentioned in another thread I'm a late
    starter (44) having picked up the bass
    again a few months ago.
    So far I'm enjoying it very much and
    look forward to playing each day.
    Besides the bass I've been studying
    the keyboard ( a year & a half prior)
    and just this past month picked up
    the acoustic guitar again after a
    very long absence.

2. Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Started on piano/keys 38 years ago. Moved to trumpet in Jr.High, stayed with it until my junior year of HS, then got my lip all busted up in football. I was a lineman, and my helmet got ripped away on a play...caught a knee in the mouf. :eek: Also got my ring and middle fingers on my left hand bent completely back to my wrist on the next play. Ow. Bad day for the E...:(

Also have played Appalachian Mountain dulcimer, clarinet, alto sax, a little bit of guitar- not much though, maybe 5-6 chords. Played tri-toms in marching band, as well as baritone, trombone, tuba, C piccolo trumpet, tried French horn, but hated it. Basically, if it makes noise, I'll figure it out. :D
  3. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

I've played a few other instruments in my life too...

voice (since I was 5), viola, cello, piano, drums and percussion (djembe, bongos, tumba, etc.)
  4. Bigby

Dec 30, 2005
    Also play guitar...have a Martin that I love almost as much as my MM Stringray 5. Additionally play mandolin and a little harmonica..but not very good
  5. Mixmasta J

Mixmasta J

Dec 4, 2004
    oh boy lets start the list again:

Bass (electric and double), guitar, drumset (never really orchestreal percussion though), trombone, baritone/euphonium, tuba, piano, french horn, harmonica (generally a c-harp), and I started violin, but I could not keep up. Hopefully I wil be able to relatively soon!

can anyone say music majors ;)
  6. pontz

Oct 31, 2003
    At one point or another I've been proficient on acoustic guitar, trumpet, trombone, keys, drums, mandolin. These days the only thing I can play okay is my bass. In hindsight, I wish I never gave up the horns.

7. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I've somewhat forgotten Piano, as I havn't played it in a few years (4 years of lessons, parenbts forced me to practice 30 minutes a day, and I wanted it on my own schedule, so I hated it... - I regret it now)

Learning Guitar
    Can play Viola and Double Bass in Orchestra (DB from here on out...)

Not bad for just turning 17. I don't think I'm ever going to understand wind instruments though.