What else do you play?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Nov 8, 2002.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I know there are quite a few of us here who play more than the bass. There seems to be quite a few who play guitar, drums, and seems like alot of tuba players here. I have been wondering for a while what else we all play.
    I play bass, guitar, mandolin, trumpet, french horn, piano, and can get by on the sax, cello, and sitar. Right now I'm trying to pick up the accordian.
    What about y'all?
  2. I will have played the trombone for 3 years this December, I'm learning piano for music theory, and I mess around on the mandolin and ukelele.
  3. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Slide G**tar, which I'm getting pretty good at.
  4. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Drums *
    Sax *

*Instruments I'm extremely dodgy at
  5. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    When I get really wild on mine, my wife calls it a didgeridon't. But I'll get better. It's easy to get up technique on it but HARD to be musical.

I also play guitar,somewhat. Mandolin, poorly. Chapman Stick, REALLY poorly. and a bit of keyboards and percussion. I started on trumpet and every year I would get changed to a lower voiced instrument. I suspect it's a plot that every school engages in. They say 'Hmmmm, he already plays brass. He's a big guy. I wonder if I can trick him into playing tuba before marching band starts.' So every year after 9th grade I played tuba in marching season and euphoniumin concert season. I remember how but couldn't do it now.
  6. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    LMFAO :D
  7. I love the sig quote there... I only play bass, but to be honest, I wouldn't mind learning to play guitar... and I would love to learn how to play sitar.
  8. i play a few things, including drums and acoustic guitar, recorder violin etc. blah blah blah, but i want to learn electric eukalele (cant spell) i think that would be my all time accomplishment.
    p.s. that is a great quote.
  9. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I also play guitar and didgeridoo.
    I recently bought a harmonica, but I don't really play it, it's just for fun:)
  10. Guitar, a little mandolin and my wife tells me I am quite talented drumming with a pair of pens on my desk... moments before she snatches said pens from me and keeps them for a while.
  11. Keyboards (beginner level)

Djembe (no good at it)
  12. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    i play besides electric:

upright bass
  13. I played piano for a few years so I'm alright at that. I can fake keyboard pretty well. I'm damn good at synthesizers!! ...if I can figure them out...

I played trumpet, which was a fiasco. And now I'm playing mandolin which is a whole lotta fun!! I'm pretty good at it too, if I don't say so myself.

Plus, chicks DIG mandolin players! maybe even more than guitarists
  14. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Guitar, and a little bit of synth.
  15. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I can strum some chords on a guitar, and I'm learning to play the drums.

I played the recorder and then the clarinet (was quite good at it, played in different solo, group and orchestra settings) all through my primary school years and some, but that was so long ago I don't know how to anymore. Unfortunately all my music teachers either scared or bored me, so I gave it all up when I became aware of things like mopeds and girls... :) :(
  16. Secksay

Secksay Guest

Sep 6, 2002
    New York, NY
    ive studied at one time or another:

i also play the skin flute :cool:
  17. Tuba
    and i attempt to play drums every once in a while
  18. cheeseman

Feb 3, 2002
    Austin, TX
    A bit of guitar
    Trombone (I don't play anymore but I remember how)