Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What else is out there?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by syciprider, Sep 27, 2005.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I was looking through some effects sites last night and it seems that aside from some uber exotic synths and modulators, there really is nothing left for me to try.

I don't have a flanger but I can come real close by combining a chorus and a phaser.

I was thinking of messing around with a ring mod and or synth but it's a pretty steep price to pay just for amusement.

What does the Crowther Prunes and Custard do?

2. the P&C is an awesome, envelopey, screaming, bumbling distortion kind of thing. Man, I've tried to describe this on a couple of ocassions and it's just not possible. Suffice to say that if you're into mega-disto sounds, you need one - trust me.

Some suggestions;
    have you checked out the EH site?
    visit frostwave and check out the Blue Ringer (and others)
    maestro filter sample and hold (same as robotalk)

3. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
  4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Yikes! I just now noticed that these things will come from Oz (after browsing for a good while) :oops:

5. psi

psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
  6. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I can find next to zero information regarding the ehx flanger... if they want to sell it they really should put more info on the site..

7. If you go to diystompboxes or harmonycentral forums and search "hoax" there is a lot more info out there. :cool:

~ Charlie