What Else?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FunkyLemz, Dec 16, 2005.

1. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was wondering what else is worth checking out. I have these so far -

Emma Discombulator
    Dunlop Bass Wah
    MXR Bass Octave
    Aphex Exciter
    Boss RC-20 Loop
    EH Bassballs
    MXR Phase 90
    EH Small Clone Chrous
    Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
    Fulltone Bassdrive
    Boss DR 770 Drum Machine

I have sold off a DOD envelope filter, a boss syb 3 synth, and 2 zoom multi-effects pedals.

I am going to buy a Akai Synth, EBS IQ (maybe some more EBS -Multicomp), a Demeter Compulator (if I dont get a rack compressor), Moog 101 Filter, and Mutron III +

So.... What else should I consider? - No mulit-effects and I have a rack tuner.
    Any opinions on the EH Microsynth or POG? Lovetone Meatball? Pigtronix? Mammoth?

Also, what is a ring stinger?

Thanks in advance,
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    EVERYTHING i sowrth checking out, what exactly are you looking to accomplish?
  3. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    What is most worth checking out ... is adding a keyboard synth to your rig. Takes a bit to get it working but - these is no bass synth made that will do what a decent used synth will ... and you can run your bass & key's through a little mixer or an A/B switch and then through your effects chain and Whoa buddy!

An old smallish Korg Poly 800 from the 80's makes a great fat bass sound and they are plentiful under 20 bucks ...

Just a thought.
  4. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA

That might be a bit too much to carry. I was looking to just have a wide variety of effects for experimentation. I really love Funk though (hence the name)
    Thanks again
  5. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Bump...any other suggestions?
  6. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA

What exactly is it?
  7. A ring modulator accepts two inputs and produces the sum and difference frequencies of them.

For example, if two sine waves of 100 and 150 cycles are present at the inputs,
    the output will consist of two frequencies 50 cycles (150 minus 100) and 250 cycles (150 plus 100).

Waves with many partials, such as rectangular or sawtooth waves, create very complex output signals.
    Ring modulators offer a convenient way to create metallic sounds, bells and klangs.
    They have been widely used in the creation of electronic music.
  8. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    Buy a Pog and then sell it to me for cheap :p
    Thats the pedal thats had most of my attention lately anyway....
  9. Marshes

Sep 20, 2004
  10. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    sorry, but Im bumping this again.
    Help me out effect junkies.
  11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    How can we help you out? You've pretty much named all the stuff you're interested in. Go and try it out, and if you like it, buy it.
  12. its true...my suggestion is see if you can find some product by moog...chances are, you'll like it!
  13. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    okay....I just wanted to see if there was anything else that I left out.