What equipment do I need?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassplayer92, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Ok, I've been searching through the forums and have found a few opinions, but I could use more help to this specific situation. My church band has been running all voices and equipment (2-3 guitars, bass, keyboards, elec. drums) through the PA system. We have a 16 ch mixing board, Crown amp, 6 peavey speakers (12" woofers): 2 for mains, 4 for monitors.

The situation is, we are moving to a bigger facility in March and the church is planning to buy new equipment. I have always plugged into the board without any amps on stage or anything, but I've been reading you guys talk about having preamps or stacks or combos to help monitor your sound. Does anyone have any ideas of what if anything I may need? I definitely need the band to hear the bass otherwise they will speed up or slow down terribly!

Updated info: I don't know the size of the new facility, but the church planners say they can get just under 300 people in the sanctuary. I still plan on playing through the PA and we are still going to be using monitors. I play a 5 string Ibenez bass and haven't had any problems with the low string coming through at all. I don't think the bigger room will be hard on the equipment, but I don't have a lot of experience on the sound reinforcement side of music.