What equipment will suit my style?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kennyhoe, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Hello, I currently play in a punk band with a Peavey Tko115 combo. It's not nearly loud enough. I am looking for a stack. The sound I'm looking for is a punchy tight sound (Mark Hoppus of Blink 182 has this sound that I love, Fat Mike of NOFX occasionally has it as well). I have been looking at a pre/power setup that looks like this:

Ampeg SVP-Pro --> Carvin DCM1000 --> Avatar 2x10, Avatar 2x12.

Can anyone comment on this, or make suggestions as to what brands/models i should look at? I do not have enough cash to buy top end gear such as Bergantino, or Epifani . :rolleyes:
  2. thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    sounds like it would be a great rig for what you're doing. the only thing i'd change is the carvin dcm 1000. i'd get a qsc rmx 1450 instead. it's got alittle more power, and i've heard more good about qsc than carvin.
  3. Sounds good, I'd have to also echo the QSC. The Ampeg SVP would be close to getting Mark's sound, since he uses SVT-3's. I know in '99 he was using Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky's as well.

The only problem is the OSC only has Binding Post and speakon outputs, and the Avatar only has 1/4" inputs. So you'll need to get Speakon to 1/4" cables.