what ever happened to the bassist of Nirvana?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Shaggy98771, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Shaggy98771

Shaggy98771 Guest

May 19, 2003
    Rockford Illinois
    wut ever happened to the bassist of Nirvana?
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    He went on to other musical projects and politics. But there was an article about him in Rolling Stone about how he quit the music biz. Hold on... I gotta go get a link for you.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Everything Kris did in the music biz

As for what he's done politically, someone else will know. But I know he became heavily involved in politics and that's what he's doing now.
  4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Chris is a smart guy.......I'm sure he can afford to retire! When his last band Eyes Adrift failed, he probably just got sick of the whole record biz.
  5. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    I saw a picture in a local newspaper about him. He's half bald now, and the caption said something like, "I used to play in a band, and now I drink beer."

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Eyes Adrift was a cool band. Too bad they went nowhere, but then again, cool bands don't really cut the mustard anymore.

I loved his playing/anti-technique on Nirvana's Bleach. Great opening riff - nasty tone. I love it!
  7. These are mutually exclusive?? ;)
  8. NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    No, not at all...

It's just a matter of priorities.
  9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im not sure how he feels now but at several points in his life he didnt drink because he believed it would ruin people.

Being where he was in the rock 'n roll world, Im sure he saw a lot of evidence of that.