Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what exaclty is a blend knob

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by danielguerra, Jun 23, 2005.

1. what is a blend knowb, what is it for

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It allows you to select pickups on a two pickup instrument, not by means of an on off switch, but rather a control that allows a variable mix of both pickups, or each individually.

3. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    seeing as this if in effects im guessin he mean on a loooper or an fx loop on an amp. BLend controlr the wet/dry signal in your amp and effects. Ex: completely wet is straight effect sound and completely dry is straight bass....... a mix would allow you to retain the lowend and smooth bass sound with the effect sound on top.

correct me if im wrong...

4. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    You're right. Usually on an effect, sets the mix between wet and dry signals. Especially useful on bass effects as some will not produce much low-end, by blending in some of the unaffected bass signal you can keep the low-end.

5. im buying a danelectro daddy o but i guess it doesnt have blend, it has the knob to adjust the level of the overdrive can it work?

6. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I'm not real familiar with it but I think it's a guitar pedal. That being said, modern pedals have a much broader frequency spectrum that older ones, which when used with bass would loose all low-end and sound thin. There are plenty of bass pedals available, from overdrive/fuzz/distortion to chorus to EQ. I've had most, and some multi-effects as well, tho' I'm kinda off them right now.