Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What exactly is a "Blimp" bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Fluke, Feb 28, 2003.

  1. Fluke


    Jul 20, 2002
    I keep seeing the word Blimp used about various ugly basses shown here. What is it that resembles a zeppelin? I'm guessing it has something to do with the type of carving?
  2. No. The term BSO commonly used in the board
    does in fact mean: Blimp Shaped Object.