1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Fender Bass is this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jonasahlund, Dec 12, 2018.

1. jonasahlund

jonasahlund

Dec 12, 2018
    Hi!
    This Fender Precision is supposed to be from 1989. It has no serial number on the headstock or anywhere else (visible)? Is there any way to tell if it is made in the US, or somewhere else? Or how could I find out? What should I look for?
    Thankful for any help or leads...
    /Jonas, Sweden

Attached Files:

2. Gee Man

Gee Man

Nov 2, 2016
    W. MA.
    Based on the pic of the headstock, I would say that looks like an aftermarket neck someone has applied a fender water decal to. Notice that the decal edges can be seen, which means its applied over the finish, they don't do that at the factory. I'd pull the neck and would almost expect to see either allparts or warmoth stamped on it. The body, who knows?

3. Lance Bunyon

Lance Bunyon

Jul 17, 2018
    Itsa P.

4. MD Stingray

MD Stingray Guest

Jan 17, 2008
    more close up pictures please

5. jonasahlund

jonasahlund

Dec 12, 2018
    Thanks! Should I be suspicious if I can't find a serial number anywhere on the instrument? Are they not supposed to have a serial nr on the headstock?

6. jonasahlund

jonasahlund

Dec 12, 2018
    Yes, you were absolutely right. I asked if I could take it apart and have a look. And sure enough, it doesn't say fender on the neck. There is something handwritten, if I can make it out it says it's from 1985. I took some pics. Oh and by the way, the fender logo is clearly just a sticker someone added.

Attached Files: