1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What Fender do you like better?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ozzyismetal, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Fender '62 P bass reissue

60.5%
  2. Fender '59 P bass reissue

39.5%
  1. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    As far as I know the only '59 RI is a Custom Shop instrument, while the '62 is an American Vintage Reissue (AVRI), at a much lower price point. I would generally expect the CS one to be a better built and finished instrument, with more carefully selected woods, but this doesn't necessarily mean it will sound better.

I'm assuming you are talking about American made Fenders. Not sure if Fender Japan offers a '59 RI.

2. bassforce

bassforce Guest

Feb 7, 2007
    I think you thought about 57 American Vintage not 59 ? You mean USA or Japanese instruments? I have 62' US Vintage and I totally LOVE IT, but ... white 57' with gold quard has a KILLER LOOK :) Choice is yours

3. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    If the choice is between your links, I'll take the 62 over the 57. If the choice is between what you have in text, I'll take the 59 over the 62.

4. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    To be honest after playing both I find very little difference between the two. The neck shape is generally the same and while the electronics are different I don't hear a world of difference. Some people will say they can hear a difference between rosewood and maple fretboards but I have played real mellow maple board Fenders and super snappy rosewood ones so I don't think you can go by that alone. So basically if I was buying over the internet and not trying I would just go with whichever one you like the looks of more. If you like a maple board and the colors available on the 57 go with that otherwise go with the 62.