1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what filters work well with the oc-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    For playing faster notes. I understand that the oc-2 isn't the best for playing fast but I can work with it

Thinking about the groove regulator or going back to the maxon. This new group I'm in is more chill/r n b/funk style

2. moog mf101

3. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    Definitly want something smaller

4. But it sounds soo good and you have tons of expression pedal options!

5. IanAllison

IanAllison Supporting Member

May 27, 2006
    Minneapolis
  6. I use and EHX Micro Q-tron in front and a BassBalls behind with my OC2 for getting nice articulate synthy sounds.

7. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    I've used the Micro Qtron and Moog 101 and they both sound amazing with the OC-2. A couple days ago I got the Groove Regulator and...well, that's just the one you want. Get one. Get one. Get one.

8. khabalah

khabalah

Aug 3, 2010
    London
    +1

9. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i'm using an i****z af-9 and the auto filter on my boss syb-3. i slightly prefer the syb-3, but if you like a more mu-tronish sound, the af-9 is pretty sweet.

10. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    The OC-2 sounds great with almost all filters.

I found I needed a clean blend to be happy with the results of OC-2 and FX25 or original Robotalk and that the 00Funk required more tweaking than most but in general there aren't "bad" matches per se.

That said, the Groove Regulator does indeed pair well. I find it takes a bit of the "edge" off the OC-2 and has a great deep, funky and smooth sound as a combo. Not my choice for super synthiness but it's a great funk/R&B sound that I think will really work for what it sounds like you're doing with this new band.

11. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I run a Source Audio Tri-Mod Wah after my OC-2,...The TMW can be a little intimidating since there are so many possibilities but there are several patches that work well. I'm expecting to replace the TMW with the Source Audio Bass Envelope Filter when it arrives.

In the past I've used the Groove Regulator and the Tonefactor 442 Red Analogue Filter (DOD 440 Clone "optimized" for bass) and was happy with the results.

To be completely honest though,...I find the Octaver-->Filter sound a little underwhelming without at least a slight bit of dirt between the two (in my case a lot of dirt). YMMV

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021