Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What food are you addicted to?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Aug 9, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    What food do you seem to always have a craving for? For me it's probably Chinese food, I have to get it atleast once a week or I have withdrawl.

2. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    ice cream...hot sauce (not together).

I might start a hot sauce thread, I'll search first though :) .

3. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I just got an ice cream maker as a wedding present. I'll have to try it out....maybe I'll try the hot sauce too while I'm at it and just tell everyone it's vanilla/strawberry swirl :)

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Indian food. There's so many different varieties and flavors, yet you can still classify it as "Indian food" because there really isn't another culture-specific food that tastes anything like it. I prefer going to restaurants, but for my everyday meals, I make pre-pouched heat-and-eat Indian meals. I've done 90% of my grocery shopping for the last three or four months online, buying microvable Indian meals. I eat about 10 packages a week. They're also all natural, and if you don't count the sodium (and maybe the fat if you need a low fat diet), they're all very good for you.

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Foie Gras

6. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Fake Grass?

7. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Tabasco sauce. I'll eat darn near anything if I can have Tabasco on it. It's not even hot anymore, I just use it instead of ketchup on something.

8. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

REAL mexican. Coming from a hispanic background and living in Central Illinois...well...good mexican is hard to come by.

9. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Generally I don't like hot things, but I do find myself putting hot sauce on food for no particular reason. Like my taste buds and brain want it but I don't know why. I especially like it on pork fried rice (again back to the chinese food) :)

10. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
  11. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Chinese food: Pork egg foo yung. Oh baby.

12. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    has to be chicken egg foo young...

13. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Poutine has to be the most addictive food. It's also very unhealthy. After that, comes hummus with pita, and then persian style food.

14. Pizza, chinese food, and Subway. Pizza is so addictive I could eat it anytime... at any meal. I only eat chinese food once in a while, so it's one of those rare occasion things... won ton soup is incredible. And finally, I eat Subway twice a week and I couldn't have it any other way.

I'm also getting addicted to Big Macs and other Mcdonald's foods. I went to Mcdonalds about 3 times in 5 years or so but now I'm starting to go often, and it's so delicious (even though I always feel a bit sick afterwards).

15. Fish.

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Georgian and Armenian food... as a kid I went to Georgia quiet a few... They really have the best stuff... I can't wait to go back there at any given point... but probably can't:( Sucks… I loved that place a lot…

Really though... Georgian and Armenian food is veeeerrrryyy good...

17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Specific food item? Oreos: including Trader joe's brand 'joe-joes' (in particular the peanut butter/chocolate ones and the ginger ones) I'll go through a box of oreos in 3 days, sometimes less.

Type of food... Probably middle eastern food. I say that with kind of a broad brush because I really do like a lot of middle eastern food, for many of the same dishes, but it seems like every country has their own spin to the common ingredients used.

Though, to single out a country, Greek food is great.

I've been making chicken enchiladas at home recently, somehow I always have a craving for them, though I often lack the proper ingredients.

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

You should try Georgian and Armenian food bud:) you will like it... its pretty close... And very good...

19. i too love chinese food. but it's chicken wings that do it for me. :D

20. but

Chicken Shawarma, Chicken Pad Tai (I'm sure that's spelled wrong), and peanut M&M's do it for me lately.

Runner up (super close): 5 alarm steak chili. Just hot enough to make you sweat.

Ron