Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What food do you live on?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Figjam, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What food do you eat the most? Why? is it convienient? Tasty?

I eat cereal a LOT, basicaly 70% of my dayly food is cereal. (3 bowls minimum).

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I live in San Francisco, so my diet is mainly burritos. MMM,mmm!

Cereal is a close second. Rice Chex or Cinnamon Toast Crunch, thank you very much.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I don't live on food, I live on a mix of carpet, conrete and dirt :D

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Im a little late but congrats on 5,000 posts! I recently hit 3,000 last week...yay.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Soup
    Ramen
    Pizza <-- lots of pizza
    Carrots
    Yogurt
    Pasta
    guacamole with chips and salsa
    cereal
    granola bars
    M&Ms
    Candy bars
    Wraps from 'the wrap'
    Protein shakes
    Super food shakes

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
  7. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I am a spaghetti freak!!!! Been hooked since I was a kid. There is a place in Providence RI, on Chalkstone Ave. called Mainelli's. Used to be the best in town when I was a kid. All the bent nose guys named Guido ate there. I could live on that stff.

Mike

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    lately, Special K for breakfast, complete lunch and nothing for dinner.

9. RAMEN!!!!!

Oh, and the souls of mortal men...

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I try to eat no processed foods.

Breakfast: Just bread with butter and honey, marmelade or just cheese, coffee, butter milk with orange juice, or apple juice mixed with mineral water.

Lunch: varied, mostly veggies and pasta, or v and rice, or v and potatoes, you get the idea. Meat only once or twice per week, sometimes less or fish instead.

Dinner: see lunch

Sometimes a piece of cake and coffee (or tea) in the afternoon (weekends)

11. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    I've been doing the Atkins thing trying to become less of a tubby whore, so I eat a lot of sausage and eggs. Sometimes throw in a porkchop or steak to keep it... err... kind of fresh :p

So meat with a side of meat with cheese on it.

12. Pöl

Pöl

May 31, 2003
    Belgium
    Oriëntal Noodles - Beef flavour :D

13. I think that the Atkins diet is dangerous. Well, it's only dangerous because it's popular, but most people don't even really know how to follow it properly. A lot of people think that it just means that you eat a lot of meat and no carbs, when in actuality you still eat some carbs, and you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Eating a lot of meat can make your arteries unhappy. Also, like most other reasonable diets, you're also supposed to excercise regularly.

Anyways, back on topic. Since I used to run cross country, I eat a lot. The problem is, I don't run often anymore. I eat a lot of noodles (ramen and others included) and a lot of rice. Lately I've been into sandwiches with mayo, ketchup, mustard, barbeque sauce, salt, pepper, turkey, fried egg with green onion, cheese, tomato, a lot of lettuce, and pretty much anything else I have lying around. Tastes great and only takes about 5 min to put together. yum. oh yeah, on wheat bread. That white bread stuff seems so fake now for some reason.

14. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I just saw a BBC Exclusive show on Atkins, and their result was that Atkins works because protein-rich meals still hunger better (the body can control satiation[?] better), so that you eat less calories. That's all.

The low carb factor per se is not as important. You just eat less.

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Breakfast: Nothing
    Lunch: Nothing
    Dinner: Nothing

Seriously, it's not uncommon for me to go 24-36 hours without eating. I tend to drink about 1-2 gallons of water a day, though. Then I usually remember/realize I'm hungry, and have a package of ramen or a sandwich, or some burritoes (made, not those microwave ones that come in a box) and I'm off to the races again.

At the moment, though, I'm pigging out on a Dominoes pizza. Nothing like cold pizza in the morning, eh?

16. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Triple decker peanut butter & Doritos sandwiches.

17. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    lots of pizza and pasta. but i eat breadfood as well ofcourse :)

18. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Sushi, my kingdom for good sushi! In particular, I love tuna (raw) and freshwater eel (which they usually grill, don't generally serve eel raw). Don't skimp on the ginger and wasabi mooshed into the soy sauce puddle either. I could eat it every day, and if I lived in Winter Park, FL, I WOULD. (ask Gard about the restaurant, Fuji - wowsers.)

Coffee is my breakfast, usually, as well.

19. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Lately I've been trying to make trail mix a staple of my diet. Heavy on the dried fruits, low if any added sugar in the fruits and low/no preservatives, preferably.

20. Lean Pockets. Everyday for lunch at work for... almost five years now.

Before that it was those low fat burritos from Costco- same routine, everyday at work for something like 7-8 years.

They fit nicely into my lunch box. :)

If,however, they were the only thing in my 'fridge at home I'd starve to death before eating them. :help:

Bob