1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What forum was that cover band thread in?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I'm pissed and want to express it properly. The one with kid who can't find any original musicians cuz they all want to play covers.

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Misc. Maybe? Now I'm intrigued. Wanna give us the lowdown?

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    I'd love to but it's against the rules to question certain decisions here. Basic thing is I had a somewhat long post in there that took a considerable amount of time and thought and, hmmmm... can't find the thread now. I saw absolutley nothing offensive in or about the thread. Just something that might have been a personal peeve of someone?

4. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    And on a completely unrelated note - I'm waiting today on the delivery of a Warwick Fortress that I have intentions of making Boob Bass #2 out of. :) If I love it. If the bass ain't for me I'm gonna sell it.

That was for Maki.

5. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    LOL. Yeah that happens. Sometimes, if I think I've written a particularly good one (especially when it involves the unce unce fail truck) I copy and paste them into a word file. Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but just incase someone goes and gets the thread closed (other than myself of course). :)

EDIT. Oh yeah, on another note, my 5 year old son discovered the boob bass and confided in me that it's "better than star wars".

6. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Oh snap. I'll keep that in mind. I already have a Corvette $$. Yeah, [hint hint] you wouldn't like the Fortress. You should just sell it now. Also, through some Asians on it, and don't laminate "teen butt" on this one. :p

7. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
  8. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    I think that means you've done your job as a father.

9. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    The "teen butt" one was the only thing that peaved my girl a wee bit. I have to admit that I had to think long and (I won't use that word) on that one, but felt good about my final decision. I felt it gave the rest of the artwork the edge it needed.

10. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It was a nice post, nonetheless. Save it in a word file. Could become part of liner notes or something.

11. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    That thread was a turd. I'm a bit chagrined that I took the bait and responded to it.

12. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    LOL.

13. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Everyone steps in poop once in awhile. It's an inevitable fact of life.

14. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Not me.

Also, the doors at the supermarket spring open opn my arival and my bowel movements smell like bakery-fresh cinamon rolls.

15. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    How's that prozac working out for you? :eyebrow:

16. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    wuz waiting for nuthing. my fortress delivery was attempted yesterday. just got the notice and had to walk it home from the post office. i'm sweating. opening it after i go to the gym. i love new toys.

oh - just to clarify. if I love the bass i'm covering it with naked ladies. if i don't love it i'm reselling it as is. don't want to try and sell another boob bass as i think you (maki) and I are just about the only 2 who know how to truly appreciate naked ladies.

17. MakiSupaStar

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    To tell you the truth Joe, I've got some wicked mojo on my Carvin four banger, and I'm thinking about refinishing it and giving it a boob job. Get rid of the grooves I've worn into her. If I do, I'll be hitting you up for tips. Of course, mine will be all asian. ;)