What freqùecies does the High and Low knob of Tech 21 GT2 control?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NoiseNinja, Dec 14, 2017.

1. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    I am going to order a Behringer GDI21 guitar preamp, a pretty exact but cheaper build clone of the Tech 21 GT2, tomorrow.

The plan is to use it as my main overdrive/distortion unit for my bass, as I heard some demos where it is used as such and know Justin Chancellor from Tool in fact also use one of the original Tech 21 units as part of his dirt chain.

From the demos I heard on YouTube it seems to be a really great pedal for bass distortion, with seemingly little to no low end loss, highly versatile with a wide range of tones possible to dial in, and capable of some pretty gnarly distortion tones.

Now my question is if anyone knows what frequencies the High and Low EQ knobs on this pedal controls and how they do it, as in what type of EQ they offer and how broad a band they cover?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021