1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What FX on Come Undone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by smogg, Dec 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    What FX do you think John Taylor is using on this song? Octave down? Octave down + Chorus? What ever it is I really like the way the tone fits the song.

blindrabbit and zapped777 like this.
  2. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    What makes you say octave down? I'm just hearing EQ and light chorus, Maybe a fretless, but not necessarily.

3. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Man, I love that song - anyways, I can see where the octave assumption comes from; it's got a little of that 'hollow and hairy' feel that an OC2 type imparts. But not a lot, and not enough that you can't get there without one.

Try the chorus and maybe some EQ taking out high mids and "low treble" - like if you have a 5 band, drop the 4th slider; if you have a 10 band, dip 7/8/9 - YMMV and note: I'm sort of guessing based on what I hear: it's low-middy but has a tiny sheen on top, like the highest treble is still there. I am no expert =0)

smogg likes this.
  4. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm just guessing. That's why I asked :)

5. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    Thanks for the tips.