1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What (gear) did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HeavyJazz, Dec 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    I was very surprised this year to recieve a new mandolin. Perpetrated by my son it was from the whole family. Haven't had one of these for about 20 years - when I got my first paying gig. I was playing one in a pub's parking lot waiting to meet a friend and one of the patrons came out and asked if I wouldn't mind coming in and playing for them. She gave me $5 and guided me inside (pretty sure I was still under age). I positioned myseld on a stool in the corner and proceeded to play a few tunes afterwhich I was given $20 and told, "That'll do."

$5 to play. $20 to stop. Can't beat it.

yfqfn2zx5xvgxbw4rfr0.

2. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Now, you need one of these mandolin stands.

Boing-red1_5940ffe5-9aac-477a-8a51-cc8d2ba3a6ad_grande.

3. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Oct 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    If you want to call the Standing In The Shadows Of Motown book and the Jaco documentary instructional gear then I won't argue with you

4. jasmangan

jasmangan

Jul 13, 2008
    I received a soldering iron. I'm going to buy a pedal kit and make some cables.

5. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules!

Zoom H1 recorder. Special White, which means it's $20 cheaper for some reason. Also the accessory kit, which is essential.

6. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    FDeck HPF

HeavyJazz likes this.
  7. rumblejunkie

rumblejunkie

Nov 19, 2011
    Falkirk
    I got a gig bag for my T bird as the ones I had , including 2 cases didnt fit it . I also got a Neotech strap and some other bits n bobs .

8. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    Darkglass VMT. I was apparently a very good boy this year.

9. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Bugera BXD12A as a replacement/upgrade to the Behringer version that's been thrashed for about 7 or 8 years when we play FOH-provided gigs. EQ the bass out of it and just use it for mids and highs placed to my right of vocal mike. lows come from PA subs and drummer's LOUD monitor....he runs me and the kickdrum loud :) . The Behringer will get a replacement speaker or amp put in it, it started distorting so the speaker is the most likely culprit, the amps usually just "let the smoke out".

10. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Wife & kids got me some gift cards and beard oil.
    Bought myself a new Fender CB-100CE Acoustic/Electric Bass

11. Amp head and a cabinet.
    Breaking loose of the bass combo handcuffs of recent years :)

12. Felken

Felken

Jun 28, 2016
    Ottawa, CAN
    Squier jazz bass V.