1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What gear did you give/get for the holidays?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AHDBassist, Dec 25, 2011.

1. I was wondering what GAS got everyone this holiday season. I got a Squier VM Jazz V and am thrilled. I gave my dad a SR300 and as small amp. You?

Attached Files:

2. raynman68

raynman68

Mar 14, 2005
    Elk City, OK
    The wife got me a Schecter Stiletto 5 string. It is in the shop getting a setup done, so pics will have to wait.

Once I get my hands on it, I officially hand over the Stiletto 4 string to my son. We also got him a Fender Rumble 30 to go with his new old bass.

3. My dad got me a Boss RC3 loop station for X-mas. Wasn't really on my GAS list, but damn if he's gonna drop that kind of money on me I'll take it!

4. bassistjoe93

bassistjoe93 Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I got a boss rc-20xl looper from my parents, and I got my dad (a guitar player) a bad monkey overdrive. Everybody won! :D

5. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Dec 12, 2007
    poppin in the corn belt
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    I purchased a Yamaha portable grand piano for my daughter... If she only liked bass I'd she'd be set for the next few Christmas gifts :)

I got the joy of hearing my 10 yr old play a handful of Christmas tunes on her new keys, and a bigger smile than my last few bass/gear related purchases.

Nice VM Jazz 5 btw

6. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I got my daughter an Ibanez Mikro bass and a small combo amp.

[​IMG]

7. Thanks man. Great responses everybody!

8. Bin

Bin

Dec 9, 2010
    I got a Boss RC-3 Loop Station, a Zoom H-1 Handy Recorder, and MIDI cables.

9. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    As for me since I haven't worked most of this month I have been selling basses.

I did acquire a rare Rickenbacker 5 string but I have been trying to sell it.

4004cii5_20.

10. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Dec 12, 2007
    poppin in the corn belt
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    That Mikro looks pretty sweet. Nice score. I was hoping my daughter would like bass, but hey what can you do? Kids like what they like. I'm just glad she digs music.

11. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I got an eBow to play around with.
    My wife got Rocksmith and a promise that if she actually learns to play guitar with it I'll get her whatever kind of amp she wants. (yes, she actually mentioned wanting this game)

12. Nothing bass-related this year. Hopefully next year.

13. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    Way huge swollen pickle, and a few guitar center gift cards.

14. CORBS

CORBS

Dec 28, 2010
    My wife got me a new hard case for my Wick. Not worthy of pics, but it was very thoughtful of her. I am going to get some foam to make some custom inserts tomorrow, I was thinking packaging-like styrofoam covered in a soft fabric? Is there any particular type that anyone knows of that would work well?

I use my Way Huge for bass sometimes. It makes my guitar sound like a distorted bass, and makes my bass sound like a distorted satan.

15. I bought my girlfriend an iPod Touch. Does that count?

16. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    The Mikro is pretty sweet ... it is a guitar sized bass ... it is a good starter bass. I did a good setup on it and it plays and sounds good. It is a little too small for my hands. My daughter loves the blue.

17. Kano2864212

Kano2864212 Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield, MA
    I got a Furman power conditioner for my bass rig

18. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    for once i bought myself a christmas gift this year, this 1975 ripper.

ripper-03.

complete with ALL of its original case candy (including a 45 RPM demo of it):

ripper-04.

fortunately my wife didn't mind. i guess since i bought her a new large leather bag, a new watch, some pricey perfume and some lingerie (but the last one was really for me ;))

19. Santa got me a Zoom R8. Finally get rid of my Tascam DP-1. :D

20. kuuri

kuuri

Jun 27, 2011
    New fender 60's jazz bass 3 tone sunburst can't wait to get it and play some tunes from the 60's :hyper: