What genre is this? (another midi!)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bushfire, Oct 4, 2005.

1. This time a piano piece/vocals (in midi) written by me. (don't be too harsh, I don't play piano! :D)

Again just remove the .mp3 prefix and play. I was just interested in seeing what the general consensus is on what kind of genre this is. I guess it's kinda pop music but, I never really concern myself with genres except in the broadest terms.

Thanks in advance,

Attached Files:

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Sounds like the beginning part of a power ballad; I half expected the searing guitar to come in at any moment with the "neeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowneaowneaaaaaaaaaaaaaow. Reaaaaaaneaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa."

The organy bits make it sound kind of indie-pop. But, yeah, basically pop.
  3. :D

Yeah, thought so. Which is kinda odd seeing as I like hard rock mostly. But this song had been rattling around in my head for a while.

I just wrote this song by throwing some random chords in sibelius and working from there, so for a non piano player I'm pretty pleased, though I'd love to throw some low end in there but I'm not talented enough to do it without stepping on the pianos toes, so any TB'rs out there with sibelius (v2+) like to hazard a go at it, post here or pm me and I'll send you the file.