1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What gig bag do you use?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Turnarond, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Turnarond

Turnarond

Dec 17, 2006
    I'm looking for a quality, very protective gig bag that's good for hauling my electric bass guitar around on the city streets and subway system.

What gig bags do you use (or have seen) that you think are really excellent?

(It's my first post here!) :hyper:

2. Hey... welcome to TB! I just got the new Sadowsky PortaBag, and it's just great (though not cheap)... as much protection as a hard case, with TONS of storage, very padded straps, and adjustable for any size bass. There are pictures and a description on the Sadowsky website if you are interested.

Edit: The moderators will probably move your thread to Misc. This happens quite often with gig bag threads, since they are kind of 'bass' threads, and kind of not. No problem there... don't take it wrong.. happens all the time!

3. Elionjamz

Elionjamz Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Welcome, man!

I use an Undercover Cases gig bag. They are very durrable and extremely well padded. They have a big storage compartment and comfortable straps. IMO they make the best gig bags out there. I picked it up from the bass exchange for about $160 shipped.

4. the_home

the_home Gold Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Pensacola, FL
    I have a Levy's leather bag. Love it! Very well padded, very durable. Several handles and good backpack style straps. One big pocket and one small pocket. I usually carry a messenger type bag for cables and pedals and don't like using the pockets in the gigbag for heavy items anyway. If they weren't so expensive I have another.

5. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    rockbass gigbags that come with warwicks are very good. lots of padding, lots of storage, great lining, yadda yadda yadda...

6. +1!

I have both an Undercover gigbag, and a Sadowsky Portabag... The Sadowsky Portabag destroys the Undercover, hands down in terms of form factor, weight, protection and comfort. If you have the money it is definitely worth it.

7. manbass

manbass

May 20, 2004
    Tampa Bay
    I have a Warwick Double Elec gig bag. Best out of a dozen brands I've owned and less than $100.00.

8. I have a Fender double gig bag which allows me to carry 2 basses. I also use a Carvin gig bag. Quality on both are very nice.

9. I have a mid-price single & high-end double Ritter. Very nice, but not cheap or easy to find(the single I bought new then the store stopped carrying them; the double I got for a great price from another TBer- yay, TB:hyper: ). I had a Fender double which didn't last too long. A friend has a Warwick double, which is, as already stated, nice.

10. savit260

savit260

Mar 6, 2006
    Boston
    Does anybody know of a decent bag that fits an Epi Jack Casady bass? Too big across the lower section @ 16" for most bags. It does fit in a Road Runner, but it's blowing the seams out. Any suggestions?

11. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Undercover...been using em for years. They are top notch.

Scott

12. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    I use the first (and most likely only) double gig bag from Levys made from hemp ... very tuff stuff. It was a custom order about ten years ago.

;) ... I use a Warwick Rock Bag for a single.

13. Feliz Navidad Y'all,
    I use one of those Fender Foam styled gig bags/cases. It's light, with straps, and the foam protects my Marcus and 50's MIM P- Bass!

14. stingray69

stingray69 Talkbass Legit

Aug 11, 2004
    St Louis Area
    When I want ultimate protection (other than a hardshell case) I use a gig bag from www.thelowend.net (See New Gear>Leather Single Bass Padded Bags). This is hands-down the best, most well-padded and durable gig bag I've ever owned.

I use a decently padded MF gig bag for to-and-from practices.

15. I have an Incase Dub bag (holds two basses) - great bag - holds up to rehearsal/gig travel like a charm and is super tough. The backpack feature is really cool when I have city gigs and have to walk a ways.

My only beef is that my Lakland HB doesn't fit in it.

16. mstott25

mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
  17. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I ordered on of the Double bags (leather) that Brian Barret sells at Low End. It is by far the nicest double I've seen, holds both of my Sadowskys with ease. Wilbyman did a great review on this one earlier. I have a Levy's single but I'm almost looking forward to seeing Kens porta bag tomorrow as I am in checking out his new bass. I DON'T LIKE the Levys single, it's well made, very protective but the pockets are not well thought out. Here's Wilbymans most excellent review!

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221476&highlight=Low+end+gi

18. jobo4

jobo4

Apr 19, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I use a Ritter gig bag. Sturdy, well padded. Lots of little and big compartments. I get a lot of compliments on it for some reason. Like, well, your playing was o.k., but your gig bag kicks butt!:meh:

19. Levy's Gig bag
    so far so good ...lots of pockets..extra padding in headstock and bridge area. I only wish they reversed the backpack strap and carry straps
    I use my right shoulder for one of the backpack straps but the handle in on the left side of the bag..

20. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    someone in one of my classes walked in with a brand new incase bag. i was really stunned by how solid it was, i might get one soon. my MF bag has a hole where the strap pin pokes through, an my ritter 2 bass bag is heavy