1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What gig bag do you use ?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by bob denard, Jun 18, 2007.

1. bob denard

bob denard

Jul 11, 2003
    Paris, France
    Hi there,
    I'm looking for a good, really solid and sturdy, and preferably light gig bag for my 3/4 bass.. What do you use and what's good out there ?
    Thanks everyone..
    PS i couldn't find anyplace else on the forum to start this thread..

2. bassist14

bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    Germany
  3. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    I've been using a ProTec for years. Here's a link.

4. I purchased the green bag from Bob Gullihur. It is great.

Roger

5. hey guys!

i use the mooradian "standard" , i found the "deluxe" version harder to get in and out of and very bulky too.

simon

6. neal davis

neal davis

Dec 29, 2006
    toronto canada
    bobelock great case had it for years

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I have a Ritter gigbag that's got loads of padding and pockets :

[​IMG]

RITTER
    CLASSIC KONTRABASS BAG 3/4

17mmsoft-upholstering with reinforcing elements, stablewaterresistant polyester, 3 upholstered grips, adjustablerucksack-straps and hip-straps, removable handy-bag,light-reflecting stripes, big A 4 bag and an additionalbag on the front, removable upholstered bow bag, strongand stable zipper, reinforcing elements on the inside(scroll & bridge), reinforcing rubber element all over theoutside. Colour: black/grey.

8. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago
    ..but I thought you were supposed to put the BASS in it.....? :)

9. Reunion Blues

10. bassplayer57

bassplayer57

Aug 15, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
  11. mooradian. very trusty bag

12. musicman5string

musicman5string Inactive

Jan 17, 2006
    I've got a bag made by Tuxedo bags. Nice padded bag.

13. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    I have a Messina bag, a Moradian bag and a Protec Deluxe bag. The Protec is big, doesn't fold and is hard to carry as it has no shoulder strap but it has fantastic padding and is very sturdy, the toughest of the bunch. The Moradian is the most foldable and easiest to stash somewhere but is the lightest and least sturdy of the bunch. It's still quite a durable bag and for moderate duty (not in trucks on the road) is the most useful of the bunch. I use Messina because it is halfway between the other two. It's very sturdy, much more so than the Moradian but is far more foldable than the Protec. For the most part I can stash it on a gig without to much trouble but it takes a beating and holds lots of stuff in it's extra pockets. I've been looking for their weblink but they must have lost their URL. They are somewhere in Ohio. Contact Nnick Lloyd or The Bass Cellar to get them.

14. 61pollmann

61pollmann Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I use a Reunion Blues on my Pollmann. Plus: best protection available. Minus: Heavy and expensive. If you have a good carved bass, you are foolish not to get a really good bag. I use a lesser bag on my plywood.

George

15. there's a lengthy thread about the upton bag that you might want to check out, with various suggestions.

16. I use the Mooridian deluxe. Yeah its big and gaulky but it sure does protect a bass. And theres a specific technique for getting the bass in and out, kind of hard to describe.

17. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    Phil,

Is the Protec you have the newer version or is it the earlier version (see my post above for the link)?

Thanks,

18. Uncletoad

Uncletoad

May 6, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Proprietor Fifth Avenue Fret Shop. Technical Editor Bass Gear Magazine
    I dunno. Looks kinda like that pic but it doesn't have straps or backpack straps. I got it several years ago and bitched as soon as it came. "How the hell am I supposed to carry this you morons?" They said "nobody has complained about that yet". I suppose that's cause nobody bought the damn thing yet.

Can't believe it has no straps. How then hell are you supposed to carry that thing? Forklift?

Apparently they saw the error of their ways. Wish they'd send me a strap. Some days I'd rather use that.

19. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

What will help is if you fill out your profile bob - particularly location - as I know that may of the things mentioned on here are not easily available in Europe (vice versa) and would cost a lot to ship from the US...:meh:

20. Hi Bruce, what do you think about the ones from Contrabass Shoppe? I just looked and I think they used to have better ones but they do have a couple that might fit the bill.

Soundwear is what they had before, I think.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021