Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what gives??? (bad luck with cars, good luck with health)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Mar 14, 2004.

1. ok guys, ive been through 3 cars in about 3 friggin months!

car #1 died one night on the way to walmart. i was going down the raod and all of a sudden it cut off, so i pull of to the side of the road. i had no clue wat was going on becuase the car had never shown any problems previously. i try to crank it up again and i hear a hiss sound and all of a sudden a flame comes out from under the hood! i jump out of the car and call 911, they come, salvage the back half of the car. the whole front have was completely burned to the ground.

car #2: i was on the way to school when a woman pulled out in front of me. i ran into her front left side of the car. totalled my car. whole accident was her fault.

car #3: on the way to friends house today. im sitting at a stop light waiting to turn left. light turns green, car on other side of intersection starts going straight across, i pull foward a little to get ready to turn after it passes. about the time its right beside me a truck out of nowhere runs the red light and hits the car passing me, causing it to hit me. once again, i was at no fault, so insurance will cover all damage etc. now mind you, this is a highway i was turning left onto, so the car that caused it was going about 55! once again my car got totalled. so now im looking for car #4 and hoping for better luck with it...

now the flipside to this bad luck with cars is the fact that i havent gotten even a scratch in any of these collisions. im thankful for that, but i cant help but to wonder if ill ever have a car for any long amount of time... what gives! :confused:

btw: i just watched final destination 2 last week, and i cant help but feel like a character in those movies, being chased by death :smug:

2. Be happy your still alive.

3. i definitely am.

4. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Wow. 18 years old and you've already gone through 3 cars. Crazy

I'm almost 18 and I don't even have my liscence

5. Man...I'd be scared if that happened just after watching Final Destination. I suppose death has you at the end of the list? Good luck with #4 and glad to hear your OK!

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Final Destination... worst attempt at a scary movie ever.

7. Snap! I had a similar problem with my Mum's car recently, it was running rough and then a few minutes after I returned home....BOOF! flames, fire brigades and lots of water and a melted engine.
    :meh:

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

3rd time wasn't a charm either. Well good luck and continued good health on the motorways.

9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I'm 37 and have been through 20+ cars. Now that's crazy. ;)

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    My grandfather use to buy so many cars, that one year he was told if he bought anymore he would have to get a dealer's license.

I've been through 2 cars. I'm probaly going to go car hunting in the next couple of months. My faithful Corsica is getting high in miles and it's starting to show it's age. It's sucks being a musician though; you can't always buy the cars you want because they aren't practical.