what gives??? (bad luck with cars, good luck with health)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Mar 14, 2004.

1. ok guys, ive been through 3 cars in about 3 friggin months!

car #1 died one night on the way to walmart. i was going down the raod and all of a sudden it cut off, so i pull of to the side of the road. i had no clue wat was going on becuase the car had never shown any problems previously. i try to crank it up again and i hear a hiss sound and all of a sudden a flame comes out from under the hood! i jump out of the car and call 911, they come, salvage the back half of the car. the whole front have was completely burned to the ground.

car #2: i was on the way to school when a woman pulled out in front of me. i ran into her front left side of the car. totalled my car. whole accident was her fault.

car #3: on the way to friends house today. im sitting at a stop light waiting to turn left. light turns green, car on other side of intersection starts going straight across, i pull foward a little to get ready to turn after it passes. about the time its right beside me a truck out of nowhere runs the red light and hits the car passing me, causing it to hit me. once again, i was at no fault, so insurance will cover all damage etc. now mind you, this is a highway i was turning left onto, so the car that caused it was going about 55! once again my car got totalled. so now im looking for car #4 and hoping for better luck with it...

now the flipside to this bad luck with cars is the fact that i havent gotten even a scratch in any of these collisions. im thankful for that, but i cant help but to wonder if ill ever have a car for any long amount of time... what gives! :confused:

btw: i just watched final destination 2 last week, and i cant help but feel like a character in those movies, being chased by death :smug:
  2. Be happy your still alive.
  3. Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    Wow. 18 years old and you've already gone through 3 cars. Crazy

I'm almost 18 and I don't even have my liscence
  4. Man...I'd be scared if that happened just after watching Final Destination. I suppose death has you at the end of the list? Good luck with #4 and glad to hear your OK!
  5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Final Destination... worst attempt at a scary movie ever.
  6. Snap! I had a similar problem with my Mum's car recently, it was running rough and then a few minutes after I returned home....BOOF! flames, fire brigades and lots of water and a melted engine.
  7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

3rd time wasn't a charm either. Well good luck and continued good health on the motorways.
  8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I'm 37 and have been through 20+ cars. Now that's crazy. ;)
  9. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    My grandfather use to buy so many cars, that one year he was told if he bought anymore he would have to get a dealer's license.

I've been through 2 cars. I'm probaly going to go car hunting in the next couple of months. My faithful Corsica is getting high in miles and it's starting to show it's age. It's sucks being a musician though; you can't always buy the cars you want because they aren't practical.