Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Glue to Use to Reattach magnets on pickups

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by jaguarcat311, Feb 28, 2005.

1. 3 out of the 8 magnets on my schaller double jazz humbucker fell off and im not sure what glue to use to attach them. i think the glue got too cold when the pickup was mailed to me. it was nearly frozen and its a fairly old pickup. can anyone help me out with this?

2. I don't understand your post, you're going to have to explain it a little more. Usually magnets pass all the way through the windings of a pickup. There isn't a way for them to "fall off" as you've described. Maybe you could put up a pic? :confused:

3. the pole pieces are what goes through the windings, even though they are in plastic or screwed in and can be removed...., the magnets are under the coils, touching the pole pieces (i believe tele coils are the only pickups in which the pole pieces are actually magnets).

Attached Files:

4. You're right of course about poles and magnets - sometimes the poles and magnets in my head don't work so well. :rolleyes:

I might go with something that has some body/thickness to it. Like one of the epoxies, or even a little silicone. Silicone makes a good adhesive for weird shaped pieces when there isn't a lot of contact area.