1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what guitar effect is this?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by paniak17, Nov 18, 2004.

  1. I want to know what guitar effect is used for the guitar solo in pink floyds "comfortably numb". It sounds like overdrive, but i just want to make sure. Also, what boss effect would be the closest to recreate that sound? I know this is a guitar question, and has nothing to do with bass, but you guys are so helpful, thanks.
  2. Just distortion. Maybe a hint of reverb, but you can get a $30 guitar pedal to get that sound for a guitar.
  3. well ill be using on my bass, but ill be playing high up their, pretty much past the third octave of E.
  4. Finger Blister

    Finger Blister

    Jul 8, 2003
    Reverb (tail)
    Delay (doubling)
  5. noone answered my 2nd question,
    what boss (the company) effect would be closest to recreate that sound.