1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What guitar is this?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by no1likesme, Mar 14, 2008.

1. no1likesme

no1likesme

Dec 26, 2006
    Shepherd, MI
    My buddy got this guitar for free and we are trying to figure out what it is. It has no brand name or markings.

sorry about the blurry pics but his camera isn't very good.

PICT0016.

PICT0017.

2. Although the pickup color is different, it looks a lot like the "Heit Deluxe" (made by Teisco) on this page:
    http://www.theguitarcollection.org.uk/gallery4/heit.html

You can search Google Images for Teisco, Heit, or Silvertone, and you'll see a lot of similar looking guitars made in Japan in the late 60s.

Here's a couple more that looked similar:
    http://roroor.com/index_files/Page1176.htm
    http://roroor.com/index_files/Page562.htm

(I don't know much about vintage guitars at all -- I just thought it looked interesting so I spent a few minutes on Google searching for it.)

3. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    It looks like some knock off of a Jaguar with an added pickup

4. Looks like a Jaguar crossed with a Burns.

5. no1likesme

no1likesme

Dec 26, 2006
    Shepherd, MI
    I just noticed that the tuners are all one piece (all six tuners are connected), and there is some decorative engraving on them.

tuners.

6. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Looks like a Teisco or a Telstar to me.

7. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
  8. 8guy

8guy

Jun 19, 2005
    Madison WI
    Its called a Cheese Grater or Fiirewood.

9. Holy crap I think my very first guitar given to me as a gift in the early 90's must have been a single pickup Heit. The vibrato unit was completely useless. The instrument got one tone and one tone only, and was a pain in the arse to play. But it was good exercise I guess. Soon after I received that, I went down to Sam Ash in Paramus, NJ, applied and was accepted for their store credit card, and purchased a Guild Brian May Signature guitar and a Zoom multi-distortion pedal the same day.

10. Man... that thing looks completely evil with that faux burst .. better get that outta house before something happens to your dog or cat .. tell ya what, send it to me and I'll bear the burden of owning it, easing your mind .. deal? ;)

11. indvoice

indvoice

Mar 15, 2008
    have u tried to play it yet?

12. no1likesme

no1likesme

Dec 26, 2006
    Shepherd, MI
    I strung it up and it didn't make any sound through the amp. it did feel really good (i prefer it to his ibanez). He took it into a repair shop today to get it rewired. I am really interested to to hear it.

13. I think it looks pretty cool.

14. A neighbor kid had the 4 PU version in '66&'67. I had & Have the two PU version. May have lost the bet.