Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What happend to sheet music plus?!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Microbass, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Hey folks, does anyone know what has happend to the musician store on sheet music plus?

I tried "musicianstore.com" but it just gave me the sheetmusic homepage, with no store for stirngs etc...

any help, thx :)

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Argggh!! Major Bummer!!! :(

I just looked and it seesm to have disappeared. I searched on the web and there are loads of links from things like guitar websites saying - this is the best place on the web to buy strings etc - but when you click on the links it just goes to the sheet music home page!! :(

Maybe they have beenlosing money on this part of their site as they were too cheap and all us British people were getting too good a deal!!!

Or maybe UK and European shops have pressured them to stop, as they are undercutting them by 50% ?

Anyway - I sent them an email asking what happened and will post any reply I get here!!

The end of an era for me!! :bawl:

3. Hey Bruce! Buddy! It's not so bad after all! in the strings forum there's an add for a website who have stirngs going for pretty cheap!

bassguitarstrings.us

The D'addario's a little more expensive, $2! but hey! ;)

I guess I'll be shopiing there now.. :meh:

4. Bruce Lindfield

It's not just the cost - I trusted sheetmusicplus - they always delivered in good time and they had a good system for ordering.

Whereas, I have heard lot of people complain about other retailers taking a long time or charging a lot for shipping abroad etc etc. :meh:

5. bruce I was going to order two sets of DRs and a set of slowounds, total cost was $75 dollaz' including shipping...

SO i guess i'll just have to try these guys out and let you know? :D

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I suspected something was wrong when they failed to deliver to me two sets of D'Addario XLs (one of the most common bass strings in the world??), a couple of months back. It took them a good month to tell me that they couldn't make the shipment, but they didn't give me any real reason for it.

7. Bruce Lindfield

Subject: Sheet Music Plus

Hello,

Thank you for your email. Sheet Music Plus has decided to close our
    Musician Store to focus solely on sheet music. We apologize for the
    inconvenience. We will still honor orders placed with the Musician
    Store prior to its closure.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks again,

Melanie Sass
    Customer Service
    www.sheetmusicplus.com

8. Bruce Lindfield

Yes - it looks like a pretty good site, good prices for the strings I buy - let us know how it goes, thanks!!

9. Bruce Lindfield

I can't believe how badly things are going this year!!

First my favourite site has stopped doing strings and now I hear my favourite strings - Slowounds are being discontinued!! :(

So I ordered a couple of sets from :

www.bassguitarstrings.us

I'll have to see what happens!!:meh:

10. Bruce Lindfield

So - I got a message from the Post Office this morning saying they are holding a package as £8.70 is owed on it!! :(

This never happened with sheetmusicplus!!

I can see that this is all a major bummer as I said - Slowounds discontinued and the best source for importing strings closed.

So far - the alternatives are more expensive and slower!!! :meh:

11. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Slowounds are fantastic strings, and the savings you could make on buying them from SMP were huge! This is all a major bummer indeed. Time to adopt the James Jamerson string philosophy (only change when break), eh? :meh: