Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What happened to Bass Palace?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jacochops, Jul 24, 2005.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Anyone know? It says their website is temorarily unavailable. I hope they didn't go out of business.
    Mods: If this is in the wrong forum, mea culpa. Please move.

2. loendmaestro

loendmaestro

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
  3. It's more than likely that Bob has decided to take a break...

4. jonathanl

jonathanl

Jan 12, 2003
    Orinda, CA
  5. I emailed the guy many times about that Alamo bass and amp combo for $495. I'd like to get it; I mean hell it is a tube amp and it's great for a bedroom practice.

He never answered. I called,machine was full.

I stopped at his shop 2 years ago and played this incredible custom Fodera. He was selling it for $2,700 and I got him down to $2,200--he replied to all my emails. I never could come up with the money.

So this guy is pretty much in the middle with me. His shop is 4 hours from me and I might just drive over there, but I don't know his business hours.

SOmeone email them to me?

6. I don't think they have *real* hours. It's pretty much: "If we're here we're here" type thing.

That shop is maybe 25 minutes from me. They do have some high-end gear. I'm personally not a fan though. The store is a dump (literally) and they NEVER return e-mails anymore, and rarely return calls. Last I checked, their guestbook on the website was filled with more spam than one could bat an eye at. TONS. And it was never cleaned up.

The few times I've been there, the guys always seemed a bit conceited and condescending. Granted, they were willing to help, but had this attitude that went along with it. And I'm not some hack. I'm 32 years old and have been playing for 15 years. I currently play some high-end gear too, so it's not like I shouldn't be trusted or whatever around the higher-end stuff.

I personally would sooner buy sight-unseen from someone that is personable and friendly and always willing to help out. Brian Barrett from TheLowEnd and Adrian Garcia from AccessBass come to mind. Regulars here, and they seem like genuinely good guys.

I dunno. Just my opinion. I'm sure others will have different opinions and that's cool too.