1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what happened to Guitarjapan, No fenders?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Guinea Pig, Jan 7, 2007.

1. I take it GuitarJapan.com no longer sells for fender japan. Is there somewhere else thats now dealing?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Fender Japan instruments are no longer to be sold outside Japan. Good luck finding one, the used market may be the only way.

3. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    There's always a few on eBay, but after the shipping, you'll end up spending near $850.

4. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    I think it's criminal what Fender has done. The number of sales to the USA in no way threatened the stateside market.

Only a few very dedicated people were willing to go overseas for their Fender purchase, and almost always to purchase that which is simply not available here. It's not like they weren't buying FENDERS either.

I feel that it's an affront to a very dedicated few Fender enthusiasts, and frankly, I think it harms their image.

It has in my eyes...

I think Fender gets the big FU for being a total killjoy to some very dedicated Fender enthusiasts...myself included.

I personally will never again buy a guitar from them.

5. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Personally, I know quite a few people (about 10) who imported from Japan rather than buying MIA. Over here you could get the MIJ for about half the retail price for the MIA and the continual praises of MIJ on forums such as this, which didn't exist in the 80s and 90s, have assured the stigma of playing a "MIJ strat" or whatever is long gone.

The ban applies to dealers only, like guiarjapan, but you can still get Fender Japan instruments as an indivudual buyer from the likes of Ishibashi.

6. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    I think YOU can because you're in Europe. I believe Ishibashi has been put on notice NOT to sell to US customers anymore.

7. Soma666

Soma666

Aug 27, 2006
    but what about me if i am in australia? will i be able to import from japan?

8. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Email Ishibashi and ask.

9. Human Bass

Human Bass

Aug 26, 2005
    +1000000000000

10. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Ishibashi can only sell used or demo Fender CIJ basses into North America. They can sell new and used Fender CIJ instruments in Japan.

They currently have 2 demo Fender Jaguar Basses available in 3 Tone Sunburst. A JAB-90EQ (pre Sept 06) and a JAB-97EQ (post Sept 06).

This is a link to their used-demo website where both Jaguar basses can be found. One on Page 1 and the other on page 2 in the bass section (click on the bass guitar headstock on the left side of page).

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/

TD

11. So what about the marcus sigs and the geddys, are they no longer shipping those to the us?

12. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    CIJs sold by Fender (in other words, those which are "officially" imported by the parent company) are still available.

13. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Damn the aerodyne jazz was beautiful and made in japan. Are they going to discontinue it, make it in America or make it in Mexico. If they make it in Mexico quality will obviously go down and if they make it in USA price will go sky high. Maybe their starting to make their stuff in Korea since the quality has gone up and it's cheaper than Japan.

14. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    The Aerodyne Jazz is still available here in North America. It will continue to be a CIJ product that Fender (FMIC) will import so long as there's a demand for it and sales remain positive.

Fender has closed the loop hole that permited certain models of Crafted in Japan basses that were NOT available in North America. Specifically, the Jaguar Bass finished in Vintage White and 3 Tone Sunburst. I know there are a few others as well.

Anyone wanting to purchase any of these specific basses can only hope that FMIC will choose to begin to import them and offer them as part of their standard product offerings.

Product announcements would most likely be made in a couple of weeks at the NAMM show if this is going to happen.

TD

15. stevetat

stevetat

Nov 11, 2005
    New England
    Ishabashi are selling new and used basses to any individual who wants one. They have clamped down on selling F/J product to dealers only.

No need to panic.