Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What happened to Jack Read?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JTGale, Sep 27, 2005.

1. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    Just curious ... I read that his Web site has been down for at least a couple of weeks. Sure enough, I can't get in to it, either. I hope everything is alright. And I must say, my Read Purity is the best preamp I have ever played through! ;-)

jtg

2. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    For those that might want to know ...

OK, I am going to answer my own question here. It sounds like Jack is no longer building basses and has taken his Web site down, for now. He is going to be concentrating his efforts on his Purity preamps and building other amps. His Web site will come back up soon to reflect his new direction. At least that is what I heard ...

While I am at it, let me offer a shameless plug for Jack and the Purity. I have never in my 28 years of playing ran across a piece of equipment as solid and nice as my Purity. It is the warmest, most transparent and versatile pre I have ever owned or played through. And Jack's customer service is the best. Period.

End of plug ...

jtg

3. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    How can Jack Read be contacted to purchase a preamp?

4. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    I haven't talked to him for about a year, but I should have his phone number around here somewhere ... give me a chance to look for it ...

jtg

5. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
  6. JTGale

JTGale

Oct 26, 2004
    Hummelstown, PA
    You beat me to it! That is the address I had in my files. Jack is fairly quick about a response. Good luck!

jtg