Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What happened to Jared Morante?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Geoff St. Germaine, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Did he get banned or did he shut down his account? I was trying to find the thread on his Ken Lawrence Chamberbrase and I saw that his account was deleted which made it hard to find that thread (which I still haven't found).

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thats strange I just tried searching him as well and I couldent find him , I think I have seen him around talk bass recently:eyebrow: .

3. As far as I can tell his account is deleted.

Hmm..

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    he hasn't been banned.

guess he deleted his account.

5. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Here's a wild thought.

Maybe he's consolidating his time into playing the bass, instead of talking to us message board bums?!

:ninja:

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Supposedly, this is the cool thing to do.... :D

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That would involve not going to message board forums anymore. Deleting your account would mean you'd have to go back ON to a message board, at least for a few minutes ;)

8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Actually no it wouldn't in this case. Users can't delete their accounts on their own on these forums, so jared would not have to come back to delete his account he just has to send an email to paul.

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Does anyone know what prompted this ?

10. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Dunno, but he may have graduated from UCSD and moved on to other things.

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The qintar..... dun dundudundudndun

12. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York

:bag:

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Maybe he met an untimely demise, crushed under the weight of all his Foderas?

14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    He's only owned one or two (the katalox one and maybe the yin-yang holly/ebony one) for a while now. Maybe the five or six he got rid of came back to exact vengance?

15. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Does laughing at this make me strange?

Wow, we are really odd people.

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

And maybe you're getting closer to understanding why someone might want to leave.

17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    +1 :meh: He and I never really got along... but trolling against him now that he's left seems rather petty.

Best of luck to you Jared. See you around the web.

18. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I don't think anyone's actually trolling against him, just having a bit of fun. I always liked Jared and was always interested in his threads.

19. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I hadn't thought it of your post... I may have over reacted to others in *this* thread. Seems too many folks focused on his gear vs. experience ratio elsewhere on TB. I reacted with that in mind.

20. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    There definitely was a lot of that, particularly eary on.