1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What happened to my SVT?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Apr 28, 2009.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    So I have a MIA SVT-3Pro. It was always a back up amp, until my Mesa conked out on me, so this has become my main rehearsal amp. Its currently hooked up to an Ampeg SVT-115E cabinet.

So, let me state, that this worked fine yesterday. Its never had any issues aside from some problems with the input jack.

Today, I turn on my amp, and I didn't hear any pops or anything, or smell anything burning. I just got static after it warmed up as well as lower output.

Turning all the knobs to zero, and shutting every switch off, and even engaging the mute switch... none of this gets rid of the static. The only thing that gets rid of it, is unplugging the speaker turning off the amp.

What the hell?:confused:

2. meatwad

meatwad Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Smallville, USA
    I would suggest cleaning your FX loop jacks with some contact cleaner. Seems a common problem with the III, and your's sounds like familiar symptoms. Hope that helps!